Would you touch the head?

I didn't really think about it to be honest, I was asked if I wanted to so I did and it was amazing. It really put all the pain in perspective (that I wasn't going to die and yes, I was actually having a real baby) and egged me on to get her out!

I could feel her hair and I think I said something like "oh wow, my baby" and kept on going. I was losing it a bit before that.

When my son's head was out the midwife asked me 'would you like to have a feel?'. I growled back, 'No, I can feel quite enough thank you!' :haha:

im really surprised to see how many are people are saying no

i thought it was something everyone did

I think that I was so busy focussing on pushing him out I didn't want any distractions until the job was done. I can't really explain it any better than that!

When my son's head was out the midwife asked me 'would you like to have a feel?'. I growled back, 'No, I can feel quite enough thank you!' :haha:

LOL, love it.

I think if I'm in the right frame of mind to, I will. But who knows how I'll be! I've never done this before so have no idea what I'll be like in labour.

I definitely want to see the placenta though. I examine placentas as part of my job, so it'll be interesting to see one that hasn't been immersed in formalin. I'd want to see for myself that it looked normal :dohh:

I don't think I'm that interested in seeing or touching the head, not sure why! :shrug:

I touched it, and even asked to see so the midwife got me a mirror inbetween my legs haha We even had a look at the placenta afterwards... with my second baby it was all over so fast she flew out so there was no time to touch. Im freaked out by blood ect but in this situation I was not bothered one bit

Nope didn't have time, I didn't crown and I didn't have stages of pushing head then shoulders, I just pushed her out in one go because the midwives didn't believe I was ready to push because I could still talk so didn't check, I had back labour so they didn't expect my labour to be 7 hours though. :wacko:

I did with my first, but not my second. Only because I was in the pool leaning on my hands and would have collapsed. Actually, maybe I did... cant remember!

I never thought about it before and no one asked me but i did reach down and feel when she was crowning, it just kind of felt natural to do. It was a nice feeling but I only did it once because I was concentrating so hard on pushing after that.

It wasn't possible with my first as I had a ventouse delivery but I'd like to with number 2. I did get a good look at the placenta though, I found it fascinating.

I'd like to, it's a bit of a new experience to me to have a head-first baby so I think it'd be pretty amazing to be able to touch him/her!

I did with my first. My husband said it looked awesome and I should feel her head. I reached down and just said "that's so weird" in between puffs of gas and air!x

Nope! I dont want reminding that something so large is being sqeezed out of something so small... it might freak me out.

I wish I had of with my second as it was a water birth and he was born in his caul so I would have lived to of felt what it was like and I agree the someone of the first page I think it would have helped me to push slower instead of like a cannon ball and I tore :( I definitely will with my third as it will be another home water birth and I will have as much awareness and control as I had the last time :)

first labour for me but i hope i get the chance to touch my babys head, im not struck on seeing the placenta tho :wacko:

Nope, I was asked in both previous labours and it's just something I don't fancy! In my first I didn't believe the head was there so they told me to feel it but I still said no! I did ask for a close up look at the placenta though while they were stitching me up with my first! Think I was a bit spaced out with the epidural, pethadine and has and air! Xx

I touched poppys head, at the time I just wanted to know if she had hair hahaha! Good old g&a ;)

My first and I definitely want to feel as I think it'd give me that extra kick to spur me on to the finish line! As for the placenta I'm indifferent. I'm normally quite intrigued about medical things but at that point in time I do believe I'll be entranced by my child :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->