Would you use 'pet' name?...

OOps above reply was meant to be in reply to someone else who has had the same issue and same name! meant to quote it..

Can I just say I also love the name willow and considered it last time....and also weirder my mums whippet is also called willow ;) I have a whippet called lottie, I tried to persuade my husband to change the dogs name :lol:

Depends on how close I was to my mum, how would your daughter feel, or get confused.

Isnt that just mad! :D x

i would go for it...as chances are the dog not going to be around for more then 5 yrs. but i would just tell ur mum first.

My daughters name is Willow. I had that name picked out for 12 years before I even had her, so personally I wouldn't have cared if there was thirty other willow's in the family. It was the name I loved and always imagined my little girl having.

PS. MOST perfect name EVER!!!

Thanks, and thanks for everyones advice. This is it, I have always adored that name and It wouldnt seem right calling my little girl (thats even if it is a girl) anything else, and for me and my partner to both feel the same on the matter its really difficult. Would actually be very very sad to not name her that. Well its a week on sat that I have my gender scan so that will make things clearer! I think your right, no one thinks twice if there is say 2 johns in the family or 2 sarahs, because they are more common names, does it make it stranger because its a pet rather than another family member? Hmm... x

If you don't care then that is all that matters. Personally, if I felt that strongly about a name, I would use it. The name we picked out, we know we are going to get a lot of comments and typically I wouldn't use a name knowing this but we love the name so much that it over powers everything else. If its the perfect name in your eyes, then don't let anything stop you.

Thanks, Im intrigued to what name your going for? do you mind telling or is it a secret for now? Im not sure people will like the middle name we love if we have a girl which is Raven.

For a name you love, I'd say go for it. It's such a pretty name. But I would still be open to looking at other names; you might find one you love even more, and then no possible weirdness.

If it gets confusing, the dog actually wouldn't notice if everyone started calling it something similar. I think it would be funny to call a whippet "Pillow" as a nickname, for example. I hardly ever called my dogs by their real names; they always had a ton of goofy nicknames close to their real names.

Ha! what a funny idea :D

you actually made me think lol

I have a friend and a dog called Taz and never gave it a second thought

my brothers called Jack after his grandad but im sure my mams childhood greyhound was called Jack

I was considering the name Tommy earlier and just though I had 3 cats call Tom when I was young

The dog across the street that I grew up with was called Jake as is my son

my aunties dog is called Candy as is my other aunties Daughter

we had a cat called Bobby, me, my son and my brother all have 3 separate friends called bobby and never even made the connection

my dad had a dog called Lucy and I have a cousin called lucy

you actually made me think lol

I have a friend and a dog called Taz and never gave it a second thought

my brothers called Jack after his grandad but im sure my mams childhood greyhound was called Jack

I was considering the name Tommy earlier and just though I had 3 cats call Tom when I was young

The dog across the street that I grew up with was called Jake as is my son

my aunties dog is called Candy as is my other aunties Daughter

we had a cat called Bobby, me, my son and my brother all have 3 separate friends called bobby and never even made the connection

my dad had a dog called Lucy and I have a cousin called lucy

Wow really? Ha! Well its got to be alright to just use the one name then surely! ;D xx

I think you should go for it. Just from your post, I can tell how much the name means to you and I think you would regret not doing it. It might be a little weird at first but people will adjust and it will seem less 'weird' over time. And if some people just genuinely find it weird.. oh well!! It's your baby :)

My mum picked our silly names long before we were born too, my brother's name is my mum's old terrapin's name haha x My bro is ok with it.

If you don't care then that is all that matters. Personally, if I felt that strongly about a name, I would use it. The name we picked out, we know we are going to get a lot of comments and typically I wouldn't use a name knowing this but we love the name so much that it over powers everything else. If its the perfect name in your eyes, then don't let anything stop you.

Thanks, Im intrigued to what name your going for? do you mind telling or is it a secret for now? Im not sure people will like the middle name we love if we have a girl which is Raven.

We have chosen Suri for our daughters name. As of now...she is middle nameless. Nothing seems to be prefect enough to use :shrug:

Dh's mums cat is named the name we're using. I used to have a cat called poppy too. So what we love the names :)

I would. I know a girl who called her baby Willow sailor. And I think it's gorgeous.

Dh's mums cat is named the name we're using. I used to have a cat called poppy too. So what we love the names :)

Fabulous this is all so very reassuring I cant thank you all enough for easing my mind! means a lot. My mum whos doggy is called Willow says we should absolutely use the name it doesnt matter at all, still feel a little weird about it but thibking we will OH AND TO UPDATE THIS POST WAS ONLY IF WE WERE HAVING A GIRL AS WE DIDNT KNOW THE SEX AT THE TIME, EVEN THOUGH i FELT IN MY HEART IT WAS, AND WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!! sooo she will be Willow Raven. :D sooo happy :happydance:

We have a solution she will be called Willow but her nickname will be Lola which my son loves the idea of. (maybe because he loved the charlie and lola books when younger!) so with her nickname being that when we are over mums we can call her lola and not cause any confusion! :D

We have a solution she will be called Willow but her nickname will be Lola which my son loves the idea of. (maybe because he loved the charlie and lola books when younger!) so with her nickname being that when we are over mums we can call her lola and not cause any confusion! :D

cute, I wouldnt of thought of that but now it seems quite genius :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->