would...

hereitgoes

TTC #1
Reaction score
Having the flu and being on flu tabs affect chances of conceiving?

Only if the flu is so bad that your body doesn't ovulate - it happens sometimes but not that often. The tablets won't affect your chances at all

Thanks Kate! (p.s every time I see your pic I think youre Claire Danes!)
Have you ever used CBFM??

Haha why thank you! I assure you that if I was her though, I certainly wouldn't be doing the job I do.

I haven't used the CBFM but I did use the Persona one - they are basically the same. Have you recently started using one? They may take a month or two to start working properly as they take a bit of time to get used to your hormone ranges

Just turned it one this morn.. Thought I was going crazy when I got that smiley on CD16 of my 40 day cycle but this month was only 29 so Im going to try dtd every 2nd day after maybe cd 8 or 9... Ill use the monitor but am afraid to trust it completely..
p.s Happy Friday!

Oh sorry I meant to ask, do I start taking temp from cd1?? I forgot this morn

Yes you normally would but don't worry about missing today. As long as you do it often enough to see the dip and rise for ovulation, you're fine.

Don't sweat it, just try to remember tomorow.

Big time Kate.. I will rem tomorrow. So Im looking for temps to start dropping to signal ov? How do I know when they have stopped dropping or do you keep dtd from when it starts dropping??
I will have youre head fried with my questions! sorry!!!
xx

Don't you worry about it love.

Normally, you will get a slight temp drop followed by 3 days of rising temperatures which confirm ovulation has occured. Ovulation happens on the day of the dip but can only be confirmed by 3 days of temps going up.

Do you have regular cycles? What I would suggest, until you get the hang of temping is this -

Say you have a 28 day cycle. You likely ovulate around day 14 in this case. So I'd suggest starting to BD at least once every 2 days from day 9 onwards (because sperm can live for up to 5 days) until about day 17. This way you should be covered.

Once you have the hang of temping and can pinpoint ovulation with certainty, you can narrow it down

Brill Kate -thanks so much.
I am on Pregnance conception and dont smoke. Is there anything else I should be doing or taking? x

If you don't have any issues honey, you are all covered from what you've said.

If you like a drink, try to limit yourself to one unit a night.

If you could do with more egg white cervical mucus (the fertile kind you get around ovulation) drinking grapefruit juice helps this (I have one glass every morning and I've gone from having none to having plenty) Evening primrose oil is also good for this but is more expensive and shouldn't be taken afer ovulation.

If you get spotting inbetween periods, an extra vitamin B6 supplement of 50mg or more can really help.

But if you don't have any of these issues hon, you're absolutely fine - all you need to do is enjoy the ride.

Also, are you on fertility friend? You can get a free account there where you enter your temps each day and it tells when you ovulated according to your temps. It takes the guesswork out of it.

The other bonus is that you can show the ladies here your chart on there and we can help you if you have questions on it

stocking up on grapesfruit juice today! Thanks a mill!!
Off to work now.. will check in again later xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->