WOW! PreSeed is EXPENSIVE!

BoobsMcGee22

Reaction score
I hate that I need lubricant!!!

My body doesn't turn on the faucets like it once did when doing the deed, and we prefer to use lubricant. My husband is a well endowed man :)happydance:) so it's kind of necessary for us when we are getting down and dirty every single day of my ovulation week.

Is PreSeed the ONLY lube you can buy that is safe for TTC?

I think there is also Conceive Plus, or something like that.

There are actually studies out there that say regular lube is fine and doesn't hurt sperm, but I used preseed myself. I wasn't using it when we conceived though, by that fertile part I had quit using it.

Thank you!
We don't use gobs of it. I just tend to need it on my outer areas so I don't get rub burn until we are into it for a while! Foreplay doesn't get it running like it used to. The stuff we use now is very thin also.

I should look up those studies and see what they say!

Yeah. I actually found preseed to be not the best lube, it gets sticky pretty quickly. Of course, I use silicone based lube usually, which is probably why since preseed is water based.

I have most of a tube left, since we only used it for the first half of one cycle. I wonder how long it lasts...I gave away the tube I had when we conceived DS.

I hated it hubby couldnt finish lmao and i only used pea sized lmao Its been sitting there ever since

So that decides it. It's too expensive and seems to suck!

I will just stick with what we have. It's thin. I can't imagine it's causing that much of a problem, and we don't really use that much. Just enough to lightly cover my outer edges, really.

I'm a Preseed user and we love it. I insert with the applicator - feels more natural than having him apply it. It's pretty expensive but I find that it lasts for multiple cycles.

I'm a Preseed user and we love it. I insert with the applicator - feels more natural than having him apply it. It's pretty expensive but I find that it lasts for multiple cycles.

This is true, I totally should mention when we did it with the applicator it feels just like fertile mucus and works great, but when we used it on the outside for friction issues it didn't work well at all.

It's amazing a little tube can cost so much huh? I was shocked when I first bought it, it's not as good as regular lube but it does the job for us!

You can use coconut oil. (unrefined coconut oil only) It helps a lot with friction issues. My husband is circumcised so there's no gliding action that would be present if he had a foreskin. Coconut oil doesn't soak into the skin immediately, so it lasts for the whole time we're BDing. :)

I used Conceive plus. It's half the price and I loved it.

We dont bother with the preseed , I never really need a lube anyway but rarely when I do want to use a little we use mineral oil its low cost and a little go's a long way and has been shown in studies not to harm sperm.

In vitro effects of coital lubricants and synthetic and natural oils on sperm motility.
Sandhu RS1, Wong TH1, Kling CA1, Chohan KR2.
Author information
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To evaluate the effects of coital lubricants and oils on sperm motility.
DESIGN:
Comparative prospective in vitro study.
SETTING:
University Andrology laboratory.
PATIENT(S):
Twenty-two normozoospermic donors.
INTERVENTION(S):
Semen samples were incubated in modified human tubal fluid (mHTF) control and in 10% Pre-Seed, Astroglide, and KY products (Sensitive, Warming, and Tingling) and baby, canola, sesame, and mustard oils. Total and progressive sperm motility was evaluated before and at 5, 30, and 60 minutes of incubation.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S):
Sperm motility.
RESULT(S):
Control samples exhibited no significant decrease in sperm motility. Pre-Seed showed a slight (∼4%) but significant drop in progressive motility after 30 minutes. Total and progressive sperm motility significantly declined under Astroglide, KY products (Sensitive, Warming, and Tingling) and sesame oil incubation. Canola oil significantly decreased total motility after 30 minutes and progressive motility after 5 minutes of incubation. Similarly, baby oil decreased total motility after 60 minutes and progressive motility after 5 minutes. After initial decline, total and progressive sperm motility under Pre-Seed and canola and baby oils remained high. Exposure to mustard oil caused persistent hyperactivation of sperm in each sample with no decrease in motility.
CONCLUSION(S):
Sesame oil and synthetic coital lubricants impaired sperm motility and may hamper fertility. Pre-Seed and canola, mustard, and baby oils showed no deleterious effect and may be considered sperm-friendly coital lubricants. Mustard oil exposure resulted in hyperactivation of sperm and needs to be studied further.
Copyright © 2014 American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
KEYWORDS:
Sperm; coital; lubricants; motility; oils

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->