Wraps for newborns

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
Hey was wondering if it's safe to carry a newborn in a wrap/sling and also if someone could help me with which ones are good for newborns?

Can't say I've tried lots but I found a local slingmeet recently where you can go and meet people who do know a bit and try some out...

I am getting a moby wrap, I was recommended stretchy wraps are good for newborns and my little one absolutely loved being in it :thumbup:

If you have a look on the web you might find a slingmeet near you to try some out before you spend the money? :hugs:

Am sure there are plenty of ladies on here who can give you really good advice btw - just thought it might help to actually try some on to see what works for you too! :flow:

This will be my first baby, so I'm no expert, but I've bought a Babasling and it says you can use it for newborns.

Yes I would like to know this too. I have bought a mai tai but don't think you can use for newborns now!

I've been told a few times that some of the best for newborns are wraps such as the Moby wrap, sleepy wrap, etc.... You can keep newborn in a froggy position nice and tightly against you. Again, this is just advice given to me, I have no idea until my little girl and we try it out! I'll be using a SleepyWrap :)

I've been using my Sleepy Wrap since LO was really small and we both love it. I think Mei Tais are best left until they're a wee bit older, and mine never really liked a BabyBjorn too much.

I just went to a babywearing meeting last night and saw that most of the mommies with newer babies used moby style wraps (cotton) My little guy is 7 weeks and I tried a woven wrap tied like I see all the moby's done. It was great and very comfortable, both in the front and back carries.

I made a cotton moby style one before my little man was born and forgot it at my mom's house (when I was visiting) it just arrived today, perfect timing! He is loving it all cuddly warm and sleeping. Definitely a good choice

How much would you expect to pay for a 2nd hand moby wrap? I keep getting outbid!!!

I have seen them at £25 - picking one up myself today for that price. Have you been on the natural mamas forum? Spotted one on there a couple of days ago for £24 :thumbup:

I have seen them at £25 - picking one up myself today for that price. Have you been on the natural mamas forum? Spotted one on there a couple of days ago for £24 :thumbup:

what an excellent find!! thanks, will browse thru their later!:thumbup:

they are only £33.99 on amazon brand new if that helps anyone :)

I went to the store and bought some cotton jersey (t shirt type material) had it cut to 5m and cut it in half lengthwise when I got home and have been using that. I have another that I bought 5m of and folded and stitched it lengthwise and just started using that too...

If you buy a woven chunk of material find one that has a bit of stretch that isn't vertical or horizontal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->