Writing a raise proposal [first timer] - tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

Lovn.sunshine

Girl Mom
Reaction score
Hi,
Back story - I've been with my company for 5 years on the 26th, May [started as a contractor, eventually made permanent]. When I started it was a fiscal year end and I was only offered 25cents more than I'd been making my last job but was told they would renegotiate in 2 months time and since I really liked the company I accepted.
Fast forward those 2 months and nothing... I brought it up a handful of times over the next ~2 years and eventually gave up :dohh:
I got my 3 year merit raise [5% which amounted to ~54cents].
In that 5 years my work load has nearly tripled. [I have come up with some financial figures to show what I bring to the company and how much my work load has changed over the 5 years.]
I also had a baby and was begged and I mean BEGGED to come back when DD was only 11 weeks old. I accepted.
All that in mind - I asked for a raise - verbally - at the end of March, this year. 1 week later I was told it was rejected by the higher ups - Reason: my 5 year merit raise was fast approaching [a whopping 92cents :wacko:]

I was just told that they are adding a new program to my case load - with 20 employees to start and 40+ clients to oversee and these two figures WILL grow over the next ~1 year.... doubling my current work load. They are in the process of writing the contract for that program. I would like to ask for a raise again and I feel I have every right.

This time I'll do it in writing....

[[If you've read all that I tip my hat to you :) ]]

Anyone have any experience/tips/advice for writing a raise proposal?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :flower:

If you have a job description/remit document use that and detail any additional activity you are undertaking that doesn't fall into the described remit of your role.

Detail like you have said any growth in the role since your last pay raise , they clearly thought the growth before that pay raise merited more money so if you've had a similar increase in work you should expect a similar increase in wage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->