Wrong baby!!!!!!

S

sandy

My friend gave birth to a beautifull baby boy in the wee small hours of the morning.It came as a total shock to her as she was told in several scans that she was expecting a baby girl!! How could anyone be so wrong!! Anyway she is totaly fumeing as she spent thousands of pounds on baby girl stuff includeing a nursery painted in pink. A pink pram loads of baby clothes and the list goes on and on. A few friends and family went to visit her today with loads of gifts for a baby girl only to find out that its a boy!!! WTF!!!!! :dohh:

Wow, I haven't heard of that happening in a loooong time. That must have been such a shock :dohh:. At least most of the things can be returned no? always keep the tags! lol

Yikes! I'm always scared of this happening. I'm sure once she gets over the shock of it all though she'll be very happy with her little boy

Oh no, surely it can all be taken back. It is just paint, and at the end of the day, her baby is healthy and here! If the family helps out, I bet you all could get the stuff changed to blue in no time.

I know of a few people who that has happened to, one was someone who had her little boy when i had my DS, she went into hospital expecting to go home with a Megan but went home with a Noah!!

That is why i'm so glad i didn't find out at the scan, it would be awful to spend so much & have to take it all back!!

yeah i think that most of it can be retuned apart from the nursery furniture and stuff as she bought it on sale and its non returnable it was still pretty pricey despite it being on sale. The furniture she got was white and pink so dont know what she is gonna do with it since it cant be returned

omg, i no 2 people in my area this as happen to must be awful.

Imagine that oh my that is mad .
I have spent so much on boys stufffffffffffffffffffff I would be so mad if baby turned out to be a girl I mean i would love her but that is a real shock

Congrats to your friend. This is why my husband and i are keeping it a surprise. Part of me really wants to know but then i'm scared it's going to be wrong.lol

My friend gave birth to a beautifull baby boy in the wee small hours of the morning.It came as a total shock to her as she was told in several scans that she was expecting a baby girl!! How could anyone be so wrong!! Anyway she is totaly fumeing as she spent thousands of pounds on baby girl stuff includeing a nursery painted in pink. A pink pram loads of baby clothes and the list goes on and on. A few friends and family went to visit her today with loads of gifts for a baby girl only to find out that its a boy!!! WTF!!!!! :dohh:

This is exactly why some hospitals do not tell you what you are having, and when they do tell you, it is not a definate as many factors could contribute to things you are seeing! x

This happened to my OH's parents with his little brother they were told it was a girl :(
Luckily our little prince had his crown jewels on display so it was unmistakable! x

OOOpps Know they don't guarantee the sex from a scan. Think your friend may have been a bit foolish:blush: Sure shes loving her healthy little boy regardless.

Yeah sure she will love her little boy no matter what. But that would really send me in to a rage if i was told i was haveing a girl then turned out to be a boy. I know that a scan cant always tell you the sex of the baby but she was told in 3 scans that she was haveing a baby girl. Thats what gets her so angry i think. It wasnt that she was just told the once in one scan but she was told 3times in 3scans that she was haveing a girl. Its like how can you get it wrong three times? Anyhoo i hope this doesnt happen to me!! lol

thats really bad. congrats to her on her litttle boy anyway xx

Congrats to your friend, thats why even after I found out, we still brought everything in unisex-colours

Wow! That must have been a shock.

With my first two pregnancies I lived in an area of Vancouver where they did not tell you what you were having and would not no matter how many times it was asked. I understand some of the reasons.

I hope her shock wears off and she loves the baby no matter what sex it is :)

thats weird the doc told me he was 90% sure, hm.. i guess the other 10 % counts..

A suggestion- if the nursery furniture is wood, she can get some sandpaper and sand down the pink areas of the stuff. Then paint it either white, or blue or green or something! She might not have to sand it, maybe just paint over as long as she gets a color that will cover the pink! I've done this with a few things I bought off people for my daughter's room! Sorry, that would make me a bit frustrated too! EEK!

This is exactly why some hospitals do not tell you what you are having, and when they do tell you, it is not a definate as many factors could contribute to things you are seeing! x

Yup - this is the reason some hospitals don't tell - You know why? Not so much because they're worried about our inconvenience, but because you can sue them big time if they are wrong!

Tell your friend to keep all the receipts and work out how much everything cost - then sue the hospital that told her she was carrying a girl for the expense and inconvenience... She could get big bucks...

I got told at my last few scans its def a girl, but I still brought unisex just incase as they have been known to get things wrong.
Many hospitals are now going to be stopping telling you the sex due to this happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->