Wrong baby!!!!!!

If new thinsg have still got origanal packaging and receipts were kept Im sure many places including the pram will do an exchange!

Thats awful though - we had Caitlin confirmed by 2 private scans after the hospital! They insisted we signed a form about the sex at the hospital to say they are not responsible if incorrect blah

Poor girl but very happy with her surprise Im sure - Paint wise well a couple of hours hard work it will be blue :D x

yes i am sure that it came as a bit of a surprise, not saying that all is fine but i do not think that is exactly a great idea to sue the hospital for money- that is a bit silly as hospitals do normally say that it is not 100% and even if she was told 3 times it does not change the fact that baby could have ben positioned awkwardly. It is people that sue and cause alot of probs that takes away the benefits to everyone, it is rare that they get it wrong- BUT they are only human and do sometimes. My nhs trust has only recently (2 yr ago) reinstated telling mums to be the sex if they wish to know due to people that had threatened to sue when it was wrong !!! anyhow i am sure your friend is by now besotted with her son and the purchases changed etc .. good luck to her :)

That is horrible, but funny too. I SO hope that doesn't happen to me!

That also happened to my aunt. She was sposed to have a boy, but once it came out there was a part missing, lol

I was told I was having a girl with Zach, but I always knew I was pregnant with a boy that time and did the nursery in yellow to be safe, so it didn't matter. There is only one sure fire way of knowing the sex! Wait until the baby is out!

The nursery furniture can always be altered with non toxic paint, and that is exactly why I will wait until my next baby is here before going too mad with the pink paint LOL!.

Still, at least she has a healthy baby- Congratulations to your friend :D

Redhorse xxx

Geez when I read the heading I thought you were going to say the hospital gave her the wrong baby!! :dohh:

I know of someone who went through the same. She had I think 3 ultrasounds towards the end of her pregnancy and the dr said after each one it's definately a girl. So she had everything bought in pink and then ended up having a boy instead.

I dunno. I prefer sticking to neutral colours anyway. The picture is never really clear so I wouldn't bet my last cent on it. We still don't know if we're going to find out yet. We may just hold off and let it be a surprise.
There are plenty of baby clothes and products out there that aren't the traditional blue or pink. And it's not like lemon or mint are the only other colours to choose from anymore either.

If we do find out the sex we've already made a point to not tell anyone else because I don't want EVERYTHING bought to be either pink or blue.

Saw this loads of times when I worked in Mothercare and have always said I wouldn't 100% believe what the sex is until its born. One Saturday afternoon just as we were closing a man came in and burst into tears cos his wife had just, literally, had a little boy but they only had pink clothes and she was refusing to let him wear pimk so had sent Dad out, he hadn't even held the baby yet!!!!

Note to self, always get white stuff too!!!!!!

I want to find out but worried i will get told wrong sex, 4d scans done privately will surely be able to tell?

omg!! thats got to be a bit of a shock for her. I would hate for this to happen to me. I'd be really mad if it did. I have heard of this happening before but always
thought that it was extremely rare. :wacko:
Congrats to your friend!!

I've heard of docs labeling a girl a boy, but not the other way around! On TV this one couple was told they were having twin boys, and they didn't find out until after the birth that it was girls. They had already bought a ton of blue stuff. That's aweful!

Hmmm, i think next time around I may wait to shop after baby or just stick with whites, browns, yellows, and greens!

The upside is, if they tell you you're having a BOY then it's probably accurate. Seeing something there is more definate than going off of NOT seeing something (when the something could just be hiding LOL)! So if they say this one is a boy I'll feel ok about trusting it!

Saw this loads of times when I worked in Mothercare and have always said I wouldn't 100% believe what the sex is until its born. One Saturday afternoon just as we were closing a man came in and burst into tears cos his wife had just, literally, had a little boy but they only had pink clothes and she was refusing to let him wear pimk so had sent Dad out, he hadn't even held the baby yet!!!!

Note to self, always get white stuff too!!!!!!

Poor Dad!!! :( I'm sure his wife didn't mean to send him off like that. Would be such a shock though if you had bought all pink or blue items only to find out baby is the opposite sex!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->