Wrong Due Date???? Measurements...

Pineappleaddi

Reaction score
SOOO I was wondering, and have been trying like crrazy to find anyone who has had this experience but nothing has turned up yet :shrug: So I went in for my 34 wk check up on the day of and She measures me and asks when my last ultrasound was... which was at 18 weeks like normal. Apparently I measured 39 weeks. FIVE WEEKS ahead(39 weeks)! So she ordered a sono for suspecting abnormal growth but I don't go in until friday... the prob is I don't knw exactly what I have been measuring.. IE two weeks ahead the entire time or what not.. So here is what has me puzzled...
The first month I had a light period the next month I had what seemed like a normal period( I considered this my LMP which gives me the due date of jun 5th) but after that month I kept bleeding until I was 5 months, I had a SCH (subchorionic hemorrhage)..which is making me think that first month I didnt count might had actually been my LMP.. ohhh and I have ONLY gained 10 lbs TOTAL this entire pregnancy and I don't have GD.. So she seemed just as dumbfounded as I was .. So I am thinking maybe I have been measuring a couple weeks big this whole time.. but possibly if I was term now now I had been actually measuring a couple weeks too small.. follow that?? LOL This has and will be driving me absolutely insane until that U/S friday!!!!!

any similar stories of finding out you were actually a lot further along at the end of pregnancy would be EXTRA niiiice :) and definitely encouraging!!:hugs:

SOOO I was wondering, and have been trying like crrazy to find anyone who has had this experience but nothing has turned up yet :shrug: So I went in for my 34 wk check up on the day of and She measures me and asks when my last ultrasound was... which was at 18 weeks like normal. Apparently I measured 39 weeks. FIVE WEEKS ahead(39 weeks)! So she ordered a sono for suspecting abnormal growth but I don't go in until friday... the prob is I don't knw exactly what I have been measuring.. IE two weeks ahead the entire time or what not.. So here is what has me puzzled...
The first month I had a light period the next month I had what seemed like a normal period( I considered this my LMP which gives me the due date of jun 5th) but after that month I kept bleeding until I was 5 months, I had a SCH (subchorionic hemorrhage)..which is making me think that first month I didnt count might had actually been my LMP.. ohhh and I have ONLY gained 10 lbs TOTAL this entire pregnancy and I don't have GD.. So she seemed just as dumbfounded as I was .. So I am thinking maybe I have been measuring a couple weeks big this whole time.. but possibly if I was term now now I had been actually measuring a couple weeks too small.. follow that?? LOL This has and will be driving me absolutely insane until that U/S friday!!!!!

any similar stories of finding out you were actually a lot further along at the end of pregnancy would be EXTRA niiiice :) and definitely encouraging!!:hugs:

Ultrasounds are notorious for not being accurate with measurements. I would say that it's entirely possible that you could be measuring 5 weeks ahead if baby has just had a growth spurt or if they're going to be a big baby (don't forget it's all based on averages) or that if you've had intermittent bleeding there could be some discrepancy. Did you have a dating scan? between weeks 8-12 you should have a scan to see what gestation baby is. It's more difficult to guage gestation as you get further along as babies grow at different rates - a friend of mine had a 5lb5oz full termer, my 2nd was 10lb14oz! I guess the only way you'll find out is either when baby arrives or what your scan says on Friday. If you're measuring massively ahead, you may be offered an induction to get baby out a bit early so they don't get 'too big' but then again, you may naturally go into labour at any time if you're actually 4 weeks ahead. I really wouldn't worry though. Either way, your antenatal care is obviously doing it's job, and baby is ok so you're in the best place. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->