wrong results from a blood test?

myangel167

Reaction score
okay, SO I posted like a week ago..."My rant of the day" (April 30)

I had a blood test, I think it was about 5 days before my period was due. It came back negative.

The last 3 months my cycles were short, only 26 days, but my average used to be 30 days. (according to my pink pad app-its still my average) today is cycle day 31. No period yet. My only symptoms-sore/tender breasts, mood swings, sorta tired, and last night before bed I felt dizzy.

I know that these symptoms could also be pms...so its hard to tell. I'm trying not to think too much or get ahead of myself.

MY question is: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A BLOOD TEST THAT GAVE YOU A FALSE NEGATIVE OR FALSE POSITIVE? has a blood test ever been wrong? My doctor said that 5 days before a missed period should've detected a pregnancy through blood. I'm hoping she is right.

I would be super excited/overjoyed if I am pregnant. BUT some family drama just came up and I have a busy semester ahead so my husband and I just decided to sorta move back to the wtt category for a little bit. No matter what happens...itll all work out. I know that. but I'm just a little curious right now, whats going on with my body?!

If you implant late, like at 12 days, then you wouldn't have a positive blood test until 2 days before your missed period. Most people implant around day 9, which would show positive 5 days before, but it could have been negative because it didn't implant yet.

I'd wait it out and see what happens but assume that you are not pregnant in the meantime.

Also if you change to Fertility Friend it will adjust your cycles automatically based upon the information you input

Also did they give you the HCG number or just say negative. A quantitative blood test is not wrong, period, BUT if it is drawn too early then it's still not wrong, there just wasn't enough HCG to detect

thanks for your input! Im pretending im pregnant...taking folic acid and no soda! lol But we'll see! Unless you count my pms like symptoms, i dont feel like my period is coming. No cramping or bloating really. I walked 3 miles this morning and feel great....usually right before a period that would never happen. lol My mood swings and tired feelings are already gone. today is cycle day32. My breasts are still really sore but thats it. well, and I guess my skin is breaking out more than usual.

Ariannda No, they didnt give me any quantitative data. Just a simple "negative"

yeah I will either later today or tmo. Im lazy to run up to the store right now haha

Took an at home test....4 of them. ALL POSITIVE. I'm honestly freaking out! Yes, i'm happy. BUT I AM SCARED TOO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->