WTC After Stillbirth

NicoleLRob

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Nicole. I'm 20 years old and live with my boyfriend Cole. We've been dating for 2 in a half years:) he is the love of my life, I can't imagen what I would do without him. In September of 2014 we found out we were expecting.. unexpected baby #1(at about 4weeks pregnant) For a while I was so scared and cried everyday for the first 2 months. I had a perfect pregnancy! I loved being pregnant, if I could I would be pregnant forever:) anyway at 19 weeks we went to get the gender ultrasound. We were told that we would be having a little girl! Which is exactly what Cole wanted. We were also told that she had a spec on her heart that could be associated with down syndrome. It didn't bother me, no matter what she would still be my baby girl. At 35 weeks the docs were a little concerned with my blood pressure and some swelling so they wanted to test me for preclamsia. I tested negative. I had my 37 week prenatal appointment on Monday April 20th, her heart rate was normal and she was doing great. On Wednesday the 22nd she stopped moving, I found out at 8pm that she had passed. Thursday the 23rd at 11:41pm my little girl was born sleeping. Weighting in at 5lbs 14oz 20in long! All 10 fingers and 10 toes. No signs of down syndrome what so ever. We were told that they have no idea what happened that could have caused her heart to stop beating. Now 6 months later with more medication and constant therapy in starting to be Ohkay. I think I'm ready to try for another baby. Me and Cole have talked and are waiting for the Ohkay from my new OBGYN which I see in a couple days. Depending on what she says will determine on what our next move will be. I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same or almost same situation and has gone through another pregnancy? How were your appointments? How were your nerves during the pregnancy? Did they induce you early? What kept your mind at ease during the pregnancy?

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss of your baby daughter- what is her name?
I haven't had a full term stillbirth- my babies were lost at 15 weeks, 18 weeks and 5 days old.
I won't lie- pregnancy after loss is very hard- but so worth it.
I'm not sure where you are, but in the uk, you would be under consultant led care, with more scans and appointments. Possibly/ probably early induction too. You may also be offered a bereavement midwife.
Hope your Ttc journey is a short one xx

Her name is Aliana:) I'm in the USA. I've looked up what would possibly be happening and all it says is constant ultrasound and being watched catefully. I'm going to assume I'll be considered high risk from now on?

Her name is Aliana:) I'm in the USA. I've looked up what would possibly be happening and all it says is constant ultrasounds and being watched carefully. I'm going to assume I'll be considered high risk from now on?

Beautiful name 😊 yes- you absolutely should be watched very carefully, but never, ever be afraid to push for the care you deserve if you don't feel happy with it. You will be classed as high risk.

So happy you decided to post <3 I hope you get some answers on here Nicole! This is my screen name on here, just an fyi. - Miquela

Nicole - You will now be considered high risk and should be referred to MFM -Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor for high risk pregnancies. If your doctor, doesnt refer, I would seek an MFM out anyway. I am in the same boat as you, having lost my daughter at 38 weeks. We are not trying yet, as I am waiting on the okay from the doctor. Good Luck

Nicole - You will now be considered high risk and should be referred to MFM -Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor for high risk pregnancies. If your doctor, doesnt refer, I would seek an MFM out anyway. I am in the same boat as you, having lost my daughter at 38 weeks. We are not trying yet, as I am waiting on the okay from the doctor. Good Luck

I just recently had a visit with my OBGYN and I was told that I would be watched very carefully. She took a few blood tests just to rule out any kind of disease or something like that, they should actually have the results by now. I was told that they like to have baby's at least 18 months apart and to be taken prenatal about 3 months before TTC. I was given the okay to start trying in January but it wouldn't be a bad thing if I were to get pregant now. I'm 7 months out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->