WTC Childcare

stephx

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm starting full time work in September and Ava's going into full time nursery.

How long does the working tax credits claim take to go through? At the moment i'm just getting child tax credits

You can't update them until you officially start work, I don't think it takes long for them to come through but you often have to pay childcare a month in advance so it is worth figuring out a way to pay for the month before they come through then assume by the next month it'll be in a pattern, they're usually pretty efficient.

Yep my child care is a month in advance so I got to somehow borrow £600 :( just hoping it comes through quickly so I don't get in too much debt

They don't take long to start, mine took a week or so. The one thing it might be worth checking (because it screwed me!!) is any 'child are' money you get is just given as part of WTC and therefore housing benefit took it as 'income' and they reduced my housing money so it was counter productive!!

Yeah mine took a week to come through last time, (first time I didn't need to claim it). Hope it's as quick this time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->