WTC question

xcharx

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope someone can help me..
When I applied for ctc the tax office lady encouraged me to apply for wtc aswell.. when I worked before maternity leave I was working 40ish hours a week. Now I've gone back to work I'm doing 20-25 hours a week. I returned at the end of January. Now my question is am I going to have to pay back any money because my hours have gone down? Also I don't understand why I got wtc while on maternity leave?

I'm scared I'm going to owe a lot of money :( help?

I think when you are on mat leave you are treated as working since you're still employed by the company. And WTC are worked out on last year's wages. So you should get less next year.

But definitely give them a ring and let them know what's going off- if they have made mistake better get it sorted sooner rather than later, and they can take money off your credits so you don't have a lump sum to pay back.

I was working 40ish hours a week. Now I've gone back to work I'm doing 20-25 hours a week. I returned at the end of January. Now my question is am I going to have to pay back any money because my hours have gone down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->