WTF! Seriously?!?

ChMK

Reaction score
I think this makes me a jerk ... but here goes.

I'm only in month 5 of ttc with dh, but I feel like the universe is just screwing with me. In our second attempt, I found out my younger sister has the bfp. A week later, I get my lovely af. Hooray! Then, month 3 I'm convinced it will happen. Nope.

So I go into month 4 thinking this won't happen. No way. I'm going to put off my hopes until at least the new year. I will expect to not be expecting.

Then I'm late. I test the day after, but still bfn. OK fine, it will come. But it doesn't. Five days late, I'm actually starting to get excited. Hooray? Then, bam. I get cramps, and af has arrived. Minutes after I realize this, my mom calls.

"You know how your cousin and his girlfriend are pregnant?"

Um, no ...

"Well, they just found out they are having twins! They burst into tears when they found out."

Me too, Mom. Me too.

:p

I feel your frustration. I know what it is like when you are trying to conceive and everyone around you gets pregnant by what seems like a sniff of sex. Meanwhile we try and try and get more and more frustrated.

Here's sending you a whole lot of baby dust for this next cycle and hopefully it will happen to us both real soon. That damn AF when she shows her ugly face does nothing but absolutely kill all hopes and dreams.

Oh man I know that feeling all to well. and I feel like a jerk to being mad/jealous that they are all pregnant and I've been trying so long! But we really can't let that bother u to much causr it just cause stress and we all know stress does not help us conceive! I've had 5 friend get pregnant not even trying while I have been trying :-( but good luck to us I am on my 2ww right now 6dpo and not very confidant but im going to be patient or "try" good luck to you on ur next cycle...

I completely understand. I also have anger towards that say "oh your young, you will get pregnant again." (Had a chemical pregnancy) I know I am young but I have endometriosis and pcos fighting against me, and the sooner the better, especially for my health. I am seeing friends going on to have their second and third child and I am like why can't I just be blessed with one? I am sorry that your mom said that though.. and this may be a dumb question but is she aware you and your husband are trying to get pregnant? My husbands mother was all buddy buddy with me when we found out I was pregnant, as soon as we found out I miscarried she has been a stranger. Stay strong, one day you guys will have the exciting news!!!!

My twin and older sister keep popping them out, and they live like idiots..but then I get pregnant and it dies..even though I cut all caffeine and did nothing but live my life around dr appoitments and medicines to keep it alive- Its so frustrating they are like arent you happy for me its like no .. Least when were not pregnant we can occasionally drink it off.

Wow seems like me every time I get AF there's someone I know announcing their pregnancy... pretty sure the universe hates me :(

Oh, my mom. She means very well, but I don't think she thought it would bother me. Maybe it wouldn't most days, but with af around, everything already seems much more dramatic than usual. DH and I haven't been trying that long, about 6 months, but I don't think she realizes what we are going through.

She actually said to me that she thought I hadn't wanted a baby for that long. Well, DH and I (back when he was just dear boyfriend) have talked about having kids for a couple of years. We even have names picked out for him or her (because we are dorky, I guess).

You know, the disappointment wouldn't be so hard if you could just find out right away, but your brain gets into all these mind games with you. Am I right? You're like, wait! I have a little cramp, and maybe it's implantation pain.

Then it doesn't happen and you start rearranging your life, cutting out coffee, stop trying to lose those last ten pounds, swallowing big ass prenatal pills every night, scheduling bd time with dh by your fertility (so sexy!), and so on ...

It does seem like everyone but me is getting pregnant -- even in our short time of trying two family members! And twins!? It's actually almost funny it's so ridiculous.

I completely feel the same as all of you. I wasn't trying nor preventing for about a year, I figured it would happen on it's own. Cause let's face it, most of us know people who aren't even in a relationship or wanting to have kids who get pregnant. Or have friends/ family who have 4 or more kids.
Well, nature hasn't taken it course in my case. And the dreaded 35 is coming fast.. So I have gotten serious about ttc. And about 6 more people I know have fallen pregnant. My dh's brother just had twin boys a week ago. It's a hard pill to swollow. They get two and I can't even get one....
Hang in there ladies, our time will come. (it just sucks that's it's a long difficult road for us and seemingly nobody else). God bless and baby dust!

:hugs: it seems everyone around me is pregnant too and most of them by accident.

DH and I have been trying for 6 months and have names picked out too, unbeknownst to us my step sister (who I don't really get along with) started trying that month too and got pregnant first time, I find it very difficult and then feel guilty as I feel like I should be happy for her

Baby dust to you, I hope you do not have to wait too much longer!

It is very frustrating. I went to netball the other night and three of the girls on my team stood there talking about their pregnancies for 20mins before the game. All I could do was sit there and listen and wish I had my own pregnancy story to tell but no such luck yet. Maybe this month will be my month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->