wth is up with my BBT

sethsmummy

mum to 3 beautiful boys
Reaction score
everything iv always read says it shoudlnt look like mine does (its down below) .. i take it at 6am before i do anything. the first thing i do when i wake is look at the clock (i dont need to move to do this) and reach for my thermometer and do my temp in the same place under my tongue each time :S

anyone elses chart like this :dohh:

Mine do that. All over the place all the time. I don't think I ovulate so that's probably my issue. I've started taking Vitex to see if it helps and I think its getting better but only 2nd month on it so we'll see. GL!!

i have stupidly long cycles. I didnt 0 till CD111 last cycle. I still expected my temps to be a bit more stable lol. FF is telling me i must be doing something wrong with them being all over the place.x

My charts always looked like this :wacko: those fluctuation are like little hormone flags lol. When your body gears up to O temps can drop so when I saw that on my chart I always felt like it must be a hell of a battle getting that egg to finally pop lol! Vitex helped it to happen on cd 14 vs three and four weeks into my cycle but my bbt was still crazy. I did get my post o bbts to stabilize and stat elevated with progesterone cream. The two seem to work really well together.

where do you get your vitex from hun? I think its something i should give a try but i am so unsure of wheres best to get it, what dose to take/what else to take with it, and where in your cycle do you/dont you take it xx

Your chart looks anovulatory, meaning it doesn't look like you ovulate. I looked at your other charts too and it doesn't seem like you consistently ovulate.

That would explain the erratic temps.
The first half of your cycle (follicular phase) is controlled by estrogen, the cooling hormone. This explains why the first half of your cycle means your temps are lower.

The second half (luteal phase) is controlled by Progesterone...the warming hormone...this is the hormone that is responsible for the increased temps after O. It is secreted by the Corpus Luteum that has formed in the space the egg was released from...this hormone maintains a pregnancy. If pregnancy doesn't happen the temps go down, and progesterone slowly goes away for AF's arrival.

So with that being said, have you thought about doing a female hormone panel (blood or saliva- saliva is better for you bc the blood draw is best on CD-19-23 and since you don't ovulate you probably have erratic cycles as well.)

This can be easily fixed! assuming of course there is not a greater underlying issue (which in most cases there's not!)

Hope that helps!!!!

Your chart looks anovulatory, meaning it doesn't look like you ovulate. I looked at your other charts too and it doesn't seem like you consistently ovulate.

That would explain the erratic temps.
The first half of your cycle (follicular phase) is controlled by estrogen, the cooling hormone. This explains why the first half of your cycle means your temps are lower.

The second half (luteal phase) is controlled by Progesterone...the warming hormone...this is the hormone that is responsible for the increased temps after O. It is secreted by the Corpus Luteum that has formed in the space the egg was released from...this hormone maintains a pregnancy. If pregnancy doesn't happen the temps go down, and progesterone slowly goes away for AF's arrival.

So with that being said, have you thought about doing a female hormone panel (blood or saliva- saliva is better for you bc the blood draw is best on CD-19-23 and since you don't ovulate you probably have erratic cycles as well.)

This can be easily fixed! assuming of course there is not a greater underlying issue (which in most cases there's not!)

Hope that helps!!!!

Hi thank you for replying. That makes sense. I only had an implant removed in november last year so am still waiting for my cycles to come back properly. Iv neer thought of having anything like that done although it might be an option in the future. Iv been debating whether to try vitex to try get things going xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->