WTT#2- But using the pull out method

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had success or lack there of using the pull out method?

I'm breastfeeding my 8 month old and my periods haven't started yet.

We would be fine if we still got pregnant, but I'm a bit scared since DS is pretty high needs and doesn't sleep through the night.

Anybody doing the same?

Same here, wtt #2 in May but have been using pull out mostly and condoms for fertile days (sometimes but not always).

We've found it works fine for us, but it's not 100% effective and I bet this is followed by someone saying they got pregnant like this. I think a lot depends on the control of the man with this. We used this method for years before trying with our first and never had an oops, I completely trust my dh.

Same here :wave: we used the pull out method (combined with temping) prior to conceiving our daughter for a year. Once we started TTC, we were pregnant within two cycles.

I'd prefer not to get pregnant anytime soon, but really do not want to go on the pill or place an IUD. So we are back to the pull out method. I really do trust DH is careful, but I'm terrible at listening when I'm in charge :haha: must work on that!

We've used this method for 4 years and no babies :) OH is dead set against a baby though until we're financially ready so he's never slipped up or anything. I guess it depends on your OH's self control.

We've been using pull out method (ONLY) since June. No babies, no scares :)

Thanks everyone! Im glad it can be effective :) preferably, we don't want to actively TTC until June 2016 :)

I think the withdraw method is maybe 98%? Obviously depending on the guy's response time.

Yes, I'm going to be the one to say that I've gotten pregnant from the withdraw method. Twice. First time sadly ended in a miscarriage (but we'd done it for about a year and half before this happened). Second time resulted in my 5 week old. Though the conception with my 5 week old, DH just didn't make it out quite in time. The, er, timing of it took him by surprise. Neither of us were really sure if he'd gotten out in time. 3 weeks later proved what we'd thought. We were originally waiting until January 2016.

I think the main thing with the withdraw is accepting that there is a possibility of it not working (which is true for others, but probably a higher probability than other methods).

Not judging or anything. Just giving my 2 cents on the other side of it. Having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to going that route again (since I'm not opposed to another :lol:)

worked for me for 3 and half years untill we decided to tcc our 4th

Didn't work for me I fell pregnant using the pull out method

DD1 - BFP within 2 months using pull-out
DD2 - BFP 3 years later using pull-out

Pull out has only ever been used when I've said I'm 99% sure I'm safe - first and last week of cycle :haha: He doesn't want another baby at the moment. I also find that pull out spoils the mood slightly? Must be me! Haha

Pull out has only ever been used when I've said I'm 99% sure I'm safe - first and last week of cycle :haha: He doesn't want another baby at the moment. I also find that pull out spoils the mood slightly? Must be me! Haha

I do agree with the "ending" mood being spoiled. But the "during" mood is better than with a condom. Haha!

I do agree with the "ending" mood being spoiled. But the "during" mood is better than with a condom. Haha!

Agreed! Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->