WTT #3, maybe?

krissie328

Reaction score
I just had my second baby. I was certian she would be our final baby. But DH was unable to have his vasectomy in the office last Monday due to too much connective tissue. Since the birth of pur daughter I just cannot shake the feeling I want another.

Now it is possible this is just pp hormones messing with me and once they settle I'll be happy with the two I have.

But for now I just feel like I need a place to talk and see if anyone is also unsure about a third baby.

Hello!

I have 2 little boys (5 and 3) and I was certain this was it for me, they complete us and we are very happy! However last night my partner mentioned that he cant shake the feeling of maybe having another one and I am so confused now. Im in the same boat as you, would a 3rd be a good idea or not? Plus that would mean another c section for me!! Aaargh

Also, i cant stop looking at things on the internet like prams and baby clothes!! :)

A few mums of 3 have told me in the past that if you are on the fence on the 3rd baby not to do it as its a completely different ball game and really hard!

xxx

PS: Congrats on your new baby :)

Thanks butter cup.: flower:

I've seen so many conflicting stories about adding a third. I have one friend with 3 and even now as they are a little older it always seems so stressful.

My DH is currently very against a third. And I completely understand everything he says since I have made those same arguments. I've been mentally making a pros and cons list and definately think not having another is in our favor but then I feel terrible thinking that about a potential human life.

Congratulations Krissie!!

I am completely in the same boat. The pregnancy with Calvin was so hard that I knew he was it. But then as soon as he was born I couldn't shake wanting another. He just turned one and I still go back and forth. My DH seems pretty set against so likely we are done. But like you said, thinking about the potential life is a hard thought to let go. Best advice is to just let yourself feel it all and know it will change from day to day/ week to week. I told Ben that I wanted to wait u til Calvin had weaned and my hormones settled before we made any decisions and that seems to be going well for us. Gives a lot of time to process and figure out how we actually feel.

Good luck hun and for now enjoy that sweet new babe of yours!

I have two girls 2 and 5 . After DD1 I didn’t want anymore but OH did . As DD1 got a bit older and playing by herself I could picture another child playing with her so then DD2 was born!
Now both me and OH agreed to try for baby no3 in the spring as we would really like another but I can’t shake the feeling of how hard it would! DD1 is in full time school and DD2 will start nursery early next year! So now I keep going back and forth decisions decisions are not made easy !

Thanks Kaity. I cannot beleive Calvin is already a year! It's such a hard decision for sure. I think for us just enjoying our two and seeing how we feel in a few months will help.

Babybump- that is exciting you are both on the same page with trying soon. You have a nice age gap so that would probably help.

Same boat! It seems like an impossible decision! I’ve been going back and forth since our last (4) was born. I can’t decide what is best for us. DH isn’t too excited about the idea but I just can’t seem to let it go either :(. My SIL has 4 kids and she said their 3rd fit in like she’d been there all along.

Congratulations on your new baby!

I remember after having my second I really missed my bump etc. My youngest is 2 next month and I would like a slightly smaller age gap between 2 & 3 compared to 4 year and 3 months with 1&2 but I’m soooo nervous! Like how will I cope? Sometimes I have hard days with just the two of them so what would a 3rd be like ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->