WTT advice

babymammy

Pregnant- 1st trimester
Reaction score
ok at the minute im WTT and goin to start trying in april, is there anything that i will need to take or do to help prepare myself for when we start trying. im currently takin 400mg of folic acid daily. any advice would be great thanx

Hello and welcome to BnB!

Things that you should think about doing before you TTC include

- taking folic acid
- stopping smoking
- eating a healthy diet
- cutting down on caffeine
- cutting down on alcohol
- Taking regular, gentle exercise
- Encouraging your partner to undertake appropriate lifestyle changes
- Perhaps see your doctor for a MOT?
- Starting to look at your finances, and setting up a savings account if you can

Hope that helps?

xxx

I would start charting your cycle if you haven't started already. Great way to help pinpoint when you ovulate. Fertilityfriend is a great website for that.

thanx for the advice. im takin the folic acid. and dont smoke and have cut down on drinking. havent drank since beginning of jan and dont plan on drinkin anymore as i will be TTC soon. me and my OH both live healthy lifestyles due to being personal trainers. so hopefully we are both fit and healthy to start conceiving soon.

Start taking prenatals. Also if charting is a bit much to start out with you can read up online on how to check your cervical mucus. IMO it is the best indicator of your fertile times. Also if your cycles are regular(I'm a 28 day cycle always ovulating the 14 & 15th day) then you can google and find ovulation calendars and ovulation 'predictors' they will tell u when to expect ovulation and fertile times based on the info you put in. Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Get checked for rubella immunity! If you need a top up jab you'll have to have it at least a month before ttc.

Same as what everyone else said and to mentally prepare yourself for the hardship that may follow in TTC because it's a tough old game once you get into it.

I recommend doing lots of research online about the whole process if you haven't already. Please don't be offended by this because I don't mean it in a patronising way at all and I'm sure your an intelligent women but I know for me I honestly did not realise how hard it was going to be and how small a chance you actually have when TTC.

It wasn't until I did extensive research and joined this lovely community of fellow TTCers that I found out what it was really like and that the lucky few who conceive first time are few and far between!

Good luck on your journey! I wish you all the best:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->