WTT after ectopic

jwilly

TTCAL
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else out there is wtt after being treated with Methotrexate for an ectopic pregnancy. DH and I had been ttc for a year when we finally found out I was pregnant at the end of April. Fast forward 3 weeks and my beta numbers were rising, but too slowly for it to be a viable pregnancy. Last Friday I was given two shots of methotrexate to end the pregnancy. We were told we have to wait 3 cycles (basically 4 months depending on when I get my next period), so here I am! It seems like it has been forever since we haven't been trying and obsessing each month. It is hard knowing that we didn't even get to make the choice for ourselves- we can't get pregnant in the next few months without risking the pregnancy. I feel like it is going to be a looooooong 4 months for us and I'm not sure how to pass the time!

Just wondering if any of you ladies out there are in the same boat. :flower:

I'm so sorry for you that you have had to go through that Jwilly. Sending massive hugs your way! The time will fly by and soon you will be able to start trying again. Maybe book a fun vacation for the summer to try to put your mind on other things for a while!

Thanks Missyogi!I am thinking a fun vacation is a good idea. I am glad that this is happening in the summer rather than the winter. The summer seems to fly by most years anyways! O:)

I'm not in that position but I was last year. I had methotrexate on 2nd September 2014, and fell pregnant the first cycle where we weren't preventing after. You cant take folic acid until after your first cycle, but I would advise to take folic acid from the second cycle onwards as the metho strips your body of folate.

My rainbow baby is 7 months old and is perfectly healthy. Looking back, it was horrific at the time but it all seems like a distant memory now that I have my gorgeous little girl. Use this time to enjoy long lies, days out, eating and drinking what you want ETC. It definitely doesn't compare to having a baby, but in a year or so you will likely wish you had enjoyed the freedom a bit more, lol!

Loeylo, great advice thank you! And congratulations on your LO. As hard as it is now, I know that one day, looking back it will all be worth it. I have been trying to remind myself with everything i do "you wouldnt be able to do this if you were pregnant"! It is a morbid spin on a bad situation, but it seems to be helping. It is definitely a lonely time though. I think that it is difficult for others to understand what it is like being told you have to wait. The waiting felt very different when it was my own idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->