WTT after MC - anyone else waiting til next year??

jen_0709

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Thought I would post on this board to introduce myself and share my thoughts with you for some much needed female support!

Sadly my DH and I suffered a miscarriage last week with my 2nd pregnancy. We already have a DS who is 18 months. We weren't planning for a second so early so the BFP took us by surprise to say the least. I had been thinking and feeling quite strongly about a second since Christmas but was willing to wait until after we got married in Feb to discuss it. As you can imagine I was thrilled when this took us by surprise and we both came round to the idea of a second.

Unfortunately now though I'm desperate for another, especially considering that I had fallen pregnant and carried until 10+5weeks, we started planning and getting excited, and have now had that taken away from us, but DH doesn't feel quite the same.

We've had a chat about the future and DH wants to wait a while. I know he is very anxious about me falling again so soon and us going through a miscarriage again and I think although there is that risk at any time, he would hate for me to go through it again so soon after this one. He's also thinking a little straighter on the financial side of things, like waiting until DS is 3 so he can be in school and we don't need to worry about extra childcare costs.

I know that waiting is the right thing to do for the family but damn these womanly mothering yearnings for babies! It's so awful to try and explain to OH's because you know they just can't comprehend that strength that we feel for wanting and needing babies!

So long and short, DH wants to start trying again this time next year. I had hoped we'd be trying again before Christmas but there has to be some compromise. I know time flies and this time next year would be here pretty quickly but my god it seems like an age away right now and I can't stop thinking about having another.

I am hoping that DH and I may be able to compromise at starting again around our 1st wedding anniversary in February - I think I could cope with that! Less than a year to wait doesn't sound so bad.

Is there anyone else waiting until Feb/March time next year?

Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Jen xx

hi my names stacey... im in the same boat, hubby and i have been TTC for about 12 months when two months ago we got a BFP! yay we were so excited but unfortuantely, weve lost baby :( had a D&C today cos i was 9 weeks... was a mess but i feel better now..
we also have a toddler... hes a week short of 2 we cant believe how quickly its all gone..
hes keeping us grounded atm so im lucky to have him and a wonderful hubby...

ive decided to wait a few months before TTC again just to get my thoughts sorted and lose a bit of weight.. hopefully 12 kilos will put me in better stead lol

i want to TTC again so badly, but i need to think about my family now, and my bub in the future... id rather be healthy and ready to fall pregnant... my son is turning two so im not short of things to do lol

hope all is well sorry about you m/c

x

Hi Stacey,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. And after trying for a while too, that must be devastating. I am glad you are feeling better now after D&C.

I'm so pleased you sound so happy with your wonderful son and hubby, I feel so lucky to have a wonderful son and hubby too!

I too am back on the weight loss plan. I lost quite a bit of weight before our wedding in Feb and was really enjoying the exercise and feeling so much fitter than I have done in years. Due to bleeding in early pregnancy though I was told not to exercise and to rest as much as I can so I am actually quite excited about being able to keep fit again and would ideally like to lose a little bit more weight before falling pregnant again.

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to be as healthy as you possible can going forwards. At least by waiting a little longer now we have set ourselves some more time aside to be in an even better position financially and our son will be understanding and able to do more things for himself when another comes along.

I hope your son has a fabulous birthday and that each day passes easier for you.

My thoughts to you and your lovely family

xxx

thats great to hear, its nice to have someone else in a simlar boat :)

best wishes to you TTC hopefully will chat again when we're very pregnant lol

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"