WTT and puppies

bcos21

Reaction score
Soooooo right now in our household there's me, dh, our son who is 13 months and our 2 dogs who are 4 and 6.I am still nursing my son (can't seem to get him to stop at this point lol) and so AF has yet to return. We are ntnp/wtt until it does. However... In my insanity/ excitement for wanting another baby we ended up adopting a puppy!? She is part of a litter from an abandoned mom so she needed a home. We just bought a house and I am home all day after losing my job. we haven't told anyone yet, she will be ready to "move in" in 2 weeks. IAM SO EXCITED I NEEDED TO TELL SOMEONE 😁

How exciting !!!!! Here was our cute bundle of joy and then now! Good luck ! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
We want to get a dog next year, at the time where hopefully I will already be pregnant. We are crazy :p I want a "big" family type dog for when we have a baby (and for the dog's entire life of course). I want our dog, all 11 pounds of him, to have a friend especially when a baby comes because he has a super hard time with my giving attention to others. He's a brat, but he's adorable!
https://tinypic.com/r/3r0x5/8

Everyone's dogs are so cute!!! These are all my babies. I dont have any pics of new pup yet but she's a brindle boxer
https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n128/getsumshoes/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_277683585444139.jpeg

We got a dog to stave off some of my broodiness. We have a 25kg crossbreed, he is like a child to us!

Some beautiful pups/dogs here :(

That's so exciting! I know a dog isn't a child but they definitely are a new family member which takes some adjusting to. If we had to wait much longer to TTC I would likely get another dog soon!

I insisted on getting a dog months after getting engaged and buying a house as I missed my family dog and find pets therapeutic. My OH agreed although he had never had a dog. He was overwhelmed at first but now I think he loves the dog more than I do! I think the dog has definitely helped reduce broodiness for a while but he's not cutting it anymore...now I want our dog to have a baby to play with.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/andrea863/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141113_183812.jpg

Butter baby your dog is beautiful! Looks quite like mines facially but mines has shorter hair and has tan paws!

I know what you mean about wanting a baby for the dog to play with. My dog loves kids, I keep asking the dog "do you want a little brother or sister? Tell daddy you do!" And he barks at my partner. It's so funny (even though he doesn't know why he is barking obv)

Butter baby your dog is beautiful! Looks quite like mines facially but mines has shorter hair and has tan paws!

I know what you mean about wanting a baby for the dog to play with. My dog loves kids, I keep asking the dog "do you want a little brother or sister? Tell daddy you do!" And he barks at my partner. It's so funny (even though he doesn't know why he is barking obv)

Thank you! My dog is super friendly and hasn't interacted much with kids but when he does he's always great. I'm glad I'm not the only one that asks their dog if they want a baby around! I've definitely caught myself doing that a few times, although he doesn't bark like yours.. that would be great haha.

To be fair though, whenever you direct any sort of statement at him in a silly voice, he responds like that! He barks lots! He hadn't met tonnes of kids but he is really good with the ones he has met. He is only three and a rescue so it quite boisterous and still being trained so we need to work on that ASAP!

Beautiful dogs ladies!! I adopted a puppy a year ago and OH and I will be TTC next month. I'm a bit worried about a baby in the house because my pup is ridiculously attached to me and has a hard time if he feels I'm ignoring him, but I'm determined to make it work. He brings me so much joy it's almost impossible to imagine the joy I'll feel with both my puppy and my baby in my lap at once! :)

We have a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Cairn Terrier currently. DH really wants to get a German Shep. I'd love to get one for more protection, as our dogs would currently welcome anyone in that's willing to give them a good belly rub! But I'm an odd one - I hate the puppy stage! Constantly getting up to let them go potty, chewing on everything, peeing everywhere...we had our Berner in actual dog training and it still took almost a year for her to figure out where to pee!

I'm considering doing it during the WTT period...but maybe when our 10 month old is at least past his first birthday. Spring, perhaps?

Honestly, in the early days where baby cried and didn't sleep, my dogs were everything. They provided such comfort and support. I'm so glad I have them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->