WTT - But how would your partner feel if you did get pregnant now?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
Honestly, I know for a fact my partner wouldnt be that upset. Finacially (and other reasons) it wouldnt be perfect timing at all, but it certainly wouldnt be the end of the world.

How would your partner feel?

Im on the mini pill and was a few hours late taking one over the weekend. Ive been on it for a while so I thought taking one a few hours late wouldnt matter.

WRONG! I was just googling it and we shouldnt have been having sex (or at least using a condom) for 2 days afterwards. Id no idea. Ive no doubt I will be fine, but still!

What is everyone here taking? Are they reeally good at taking it? Is anyone like me and want another one right now, but their partner is being sensible (one of us needs to be!) and telling us to wait for all the right reasons? Thats whats happening with us.

I thinkn mine would be upset and scared at the same time, but other then that we'd deal with things

I know my oh half would be so happy if I was pregnant, even though we're only just starting to get things back on track financially and I'm still in uni so the timing would be far from ideal!!

I'm on microgynon 30 and I'm not great at taking it! In fact the doctor suggested the implant really strongly at my last appointment and I had to awkwardly say that I wanted to start trying for a baby in the next year or so!!! I'm waiting to try for my first so I'm not wanting another, but it is my partner who is being the sensible one!!! lol!

Beca :wave:

I am on the pill and am really good at taking it.

If I fell pregnant now my OH would be absolutley over the moon. We are TTC in a few months anyway, me more than OH wanted to wait a little while longer to sort a few things out but that may well be changing and coming forward anyway. So we are both ready now and it would be a wonderful surprise if it happened.

x

Estel what are you doing at uni? Have you got much longer left?

I too would like to wait at least another 6 months if Im honest. Really and truly I should be waiting another 18 months, but I dont want that much of a gap between my kids.

I'm nearing the end of my 3rd year studying Politics with Welsh. I'm being very naughty coming on here really as I should be writing my dissertation- it's due in next Monday and I've barely started!! :blush: I've got a little over a month left until my final exams!!! eek!!

I've got another year to wait before ttc. We've decided to wait until after we're married.

Beca :wave:

My OH would freak out and would shit himself for the next 8 and a half months and start blubbing once LO was born, Wouldent be devistated but shocked as it would be 3 years earlier than planned.

well I am in the not trying not preventing category and DH would just say yay everything happens when its meant to.

my oh would be happy if it happened by accident he is so laid back and i think he would be quite pleased with himself!:headspin:

I don't think my OH would be disappointed or anything, it would just be the worse timing because we're both in our first year at uni and we have yet to have a place of our own - it wouldn't be the end of the world though.

One of my lecturers put up a powerpoint slideshow today with pictures of his baby, who was born a week or so before the Easter hols - She was so tiny and adorable. :cloud9:

We were ttc until i put it on hold till i lose some weight, my hubby wants another baby as much as me so he'd be just as pleased as me if we fell pregnant sooner than planned, i'm so tempted to go with the not trying but not preventing approach while i lose weight and then what will be will be but i have to wait till docs sort out my gyni problems first before we can even BD the wait is killing me x

hhhhmmmm Have so thought what if before..
At the end of the day we would manage and i think thats whats important.

well, this actually did happen to me in october last year. I was on the pill, n i must admit i was crap at taking it. I ended up pregnant, and was scared but happy. However, my hubby was the sensible one and made me listen to my head rather than my heart, and i had a termination (for lots of good reasons- see my journal if interested). Now that its gone, i wish id listened to my heart!

We were talking recently, he said "if it ever happens again, theres no way im letting you go through all that again", which i thought was very nice n overprotective- because i know that he is still not ready for a baby, but we wouldnt go down the termination route again, no matter what our situation. Guess we just didnt realise how much it would affect us.

I have the implant now tho- and it suits me quite well, so much better than remembering to take the pill everyday.

Hmm.. my boyfriend would be really messed up if I got pregnant right now. We're not even having sex yet after Elyse! Haha. :)

My DH would be ecstatic and so would I. The only reason i am WTT is that i'm waiting for the stupid witch to return! So has been AWOL for nearly 10 weeks!
If anyone sees her please can they tell her the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DF would be thrilled! I would be devastated! We're getting married in less than 3 months and I HAVE to fit into my dress! Haha...I'm so shallow!

My OH would be worried, but happy I think. His main concerns are money and my health and I feel the same - I want to get as healthy as I can before we start trying. At the moment, my back hurts just standing up making tea at the moment and so having a baby now wouldn't be the best idea until I lost some weight, but we'd deal with it.

We are only using condoms, but OH is absolutely obsessed with using them properly so little chance of me getting pregnant accidentally.

So, in the main, I think we'd both be initially shocked and concerned but then would be happy cos at the end of the day it is something we want! :D

I think DH would be very disappointed to begin with. We have our big holiday booked for December and there is no way I'd be able to travel at 8 months. However, I'm sure after he got over the initial disappointment of missing our holiday, he'd be thrilled! He want's a LO as much as I do, well, almost. But he wants this year to ourselves, and this holiday first.

well, I'm useless at taking the pill, so think about this all the time....

OH would be upset a little because he doesn't want kids. He has convinced himself that there is no point and blahblahblah but tht someday we can jsut to make me happy -_-*

..but he will stay. He loves me and he is just one of those people who is responcible. His words, not mine. I love him very very much. I just hope he won't hate me or anything. (I think he'll come to love his own child though...)

My OH has said to me: 'It's not the end of the world if it happens.'

Financially we can afford a Little one, but I am in Uni still, so it would be a bit inconvenient. But if it happened, I could probably take my 3rd year in a year or so? I guess it would just set me back. But I would in noway regret it in the slightest.

Good thread hun!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->