WTT...but maybe baby? (A bit long & TMI)

MayBlossom

Wife to Dear Hubby R
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, so not exactly sure where I should put this. DH wants to WTT, but I would LOVE to TTC. I got off the BC patch recently as it was wreaking havoc with my system (from what I can tell, I still seemed to ov some months, had all the ov symptoms, and hormones would go nuts- AF began getting worse and worse over about 6 months, and what finally led to me stopping was 3 weeks solid of a runny tummy!).

Anyway, after getting off the patch, we had unprotected sex twice, the two days following last BC AF. Weren't concerned about the possibility of pregnancy as it was so soon after getting off, and CM didn't show signs of ov. The day after that had yellow tinged EWCM (was definitely me, not DH). Since then cervix has stayed high, CM has been abundant and creamy-watery, and I've had light cramping on and off pretty much every day (VERY odd for me). I've also had a bit of a stuffed nose, a sore throat that lasted 2 days and suddenly disappeared, been feeling cold (especially feet), when DH (who is usually much colder than me) is fine, and had several dreams of having a girl baby and breastfeeding. Some foods are tasting very odd to me, I've had to get up during the night to wee almost every night, my wee is bright yellow, and my breasts have had shooting pains and tenderness off and on.

Logically I know the chances aren't that good, and I've been going back and forth between thinking I MUST be pregnant and I couldn't possibly be pregnant. :muaha: Could all these symptoms just be from getting off the patch? I wasn't having symptoms like this right when I got off, they only started now...? Could I actually be pregnant? I want that so badly, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high...although they pretty much already are.

I know...wait and test. AF is due end of this week-beginning of next week (giving a flexible time because I'm not sure what the BC will have done to my cycle), and DH I'm sure won't let me buy a test unless next week has come and gone with no sign of AF. This TWW will end up being a month wait for me...if :witch: doesn't show that is...

Sidenote: DH really does want a baby, and would be thrilled if we were pregnant, but he'd rather WTT for financial reasons and to have a little more time alone as a couple. He wants to TTC starting September next year.

Do these symptoms look promising for pregnancy? Could they just be symptoms from getting off BC (which came on suddenly)? Does anyone know someone who's gotten pregnant the first cycle off BC? (I know a couple people who have, but more stories would be encouraging.)

Forgot to add: Cervix is also soft, have been having more spots and a flakier scalp, and have been having mood swings like crazy- last night went from hysterical laughter at DH's mildly amusing antics to crying! Also been having tons of wind, which is not normal for me.

People get pregnant while using birth control so I think it would be safe to assume that you might be pregnant. On a side note I was always really hot during my pregnancy, I'm figuring due to all the extra hormones. I hope you get the answer you want and good luck when you test.

Thanks Lucky, that is encouraging. I've researched the hot/cold thing, and apparently it's not unusual for some women to be very cold the first trimester, and then hot later in pregnancy...I've been researching everything, lol. I'm really hoping for a BFP, but I'll try to be patient if it's not time now.

Hey :)
Your symptoms do sound quite pregnancy like. It could be due to coming off birth control, but I'm not so sure why it would come on so suddenly.
I fell pregnant on the pill, my friend fell pregnant when she was on the patch. It isn't uncommon hun. I wish you the best of luck and really hope you get your :bfp:
:hugs:

good luck when you decide to test. :)
All the best... kinda sounds like pregnancy to me, but... you never know what the patch/pill/depo can do to a person's body...

BUT If :witch: isn't here in a week, I'd test. :)
Best of luck!!

Thanks princess_x0, I've heard you're quite fertile the month you get off BC as well, so really hoping for the best!

krockwell, will definitely be testing if AF doesn't show in the next week- praying she won't! I'm really wishing I'd never gotten on hormonal BC...totally messed me up!

Update: continued light cramping off and on, increasing tenderness in breasts, particularly noticeable yesterday evening, and nausea this morning. Hoping those are good signs! I'll be so frustrated if I'm having all these symptoms and not pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->