WTT, Current BC, Folic Acid and charting

Fliss

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'll be TTC from the 23rd May 2011, and I'm wondering about what I need to discuss with my dr.

I'm currently using both the Mirena and Micronor. I'm due to have the IUS out this December, and so we'll switch to mini-pill only + condoms from then.

I want to know if/when I ought to be thinking about FA, and potentially charting.

I also want to stop the pill before the trip, but the last thing I want is my period when we're away...

All advice/relevant questions to ask greatly appreciated.

Hey you can start taking FA at anytime but preferrably at least 3 months before you start TTC that way your body can build up a good environment to protect your fetus. And the same you can start charting at any time. I would may start charting even now that way you can know your body so you will have a better chance of concieving when you start actively TTC. About the pill, I'd honestly get off of that now. They say that when you come off the pill it can take up to a year before you concieve. Not saying this is 100% but it's a chance. If I were you I would ditch the pill and only use condoms and then if you are worried about AF while you are on your trip I would just take some bc that week to keep the :witch: away. You can talk to your doc about all of these things.

But I would definitely come off the pill soon and start charting because your cycle may not be the same when you come off the pill so you'll want to start early just in case there are any problems that need to be fixed before you start TTC. Good Luck! And you will have a BLAST in Florida. DH and I went for our honeymoon it was so AMAZING!

The sooner the better with prenatals and folic acid, but at least 3 months before TTC for the best benefits.

With regards to charting, obviously there's no point doing this when you're on the pill, as you're consuming 'fake' hormones and you often don't ovulate.

I am TTC in August and have been charting since my first AF since coming off the pill in January.

I had a chat with DH last night. He has suggested (well agreed with MY suggestion) that I come off the pill at the same time as getting my coil removed - pending dr's advice of course.

I'm planning on making an appointment in the next 2 weeks to discuss BC options and reducing my ADs with a view to coming off of them for December.

That's a good idea. I mean if you use Condoms for 5 months that should be BC enough. I would hate for you to come off too late and then it takes you forever to concieve. Good Luck!

I just stopped taking the pill and we are only using condoms until NTNP. Very happy about that! :happydance:

The issue for me is that my periods were and are crippling - to the extent I can't walk. And I get hideously bloated which results in the equivalent of constipation and generally I spend up to 3 days curled up in a small ball sobbing - which, frankly, I'm TERRIFIED of.

Which is the other reason I NEED to come off my ADs - as I can't take anti-inflammatories on them.

The issue for me is that my periods were and are crippling - to the extent I can't walk. And I get hideously bloated which results in the equivalent of constipation and generally I spend up to 3 days curled up in a small ball sobbing - which, frankly, I'm TERRIFIED of.

Which is the other reason I NEED to come off my ADs - as I can't take anti-inflammatories on them.

Why don't you try taking Agnus Castus (Vitex)? It is supposed to be a natural way to help regulate your periods. I think the reccomendation is to take it for 4 months before TTC which you will have time for once you come off the pill. I'd try that to see if it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->