WTT for #2, probably in August, but I feel so unorganized!

babytobe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My DH and I are WTT for another child until at least August, maybe September of this year. Our first son is now 13 months, so we're hoping to have about a 2 or 2.5 year gap between the first two (I got pregnant fairly quickly with #1).

I'm starting to get really excited about being pregnant again and having another baby, so in that sense I'm ferling more ready to "take the plunge", but in other ways I feel so NOT ready! Like I just started back to work a month ago, and it feels like such an adjustment period. Our house is a mess because of it, and I just feel so unorganized! I had meant to start a photo album for my son's first year, and now I'm really kicking myself for not doing that! I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm afraid that once I get pregnant I'm going to feel like crap, loose all motivation, and then our house is really going to be a disaster with a toddler in the mix!

Anyone else feel like this before you got pregnant with #2? Maybe I should be making a "to do" list and try to tackle it before we start ttc. Even if I just get some things organized around here I'll feel a little better. I think when I get overwhelmed I just tend to procrastinate even more lol. I think I just sometimes feel like I'm the only one out of my friends who is so unorganized :dohh:.

Me too! It is so confusing! I really want another baby but at the same time I only feel like I'm starting to get on top of everything and the idea of going back to square 1 is quite scary...we are thinking of starting to ttc again in September. DS will be 2 in August and part of me wishes we'd started ttcing a bit earlier and another part of me would happily wait another couple of years! I am naturally quite disorganized so I do get where you are coming from. We're in the middle of doing up our house - I started on our dining room in March and here we are mid-June and it's still not done! A to-do list is probably a good idea for us too :)

Me too! It is so confusing! I really want another baby but at the same time I only feel like I'm starting to get on top of everything and the idea of going back to square 1 is quite scary...we are thinking of starting to ttc again in September. DS will be 2 in August and part of me wishes we'd started ttcing a bit earlier and another part of me would happily wait another couple of years! I am naturally quite disorganized so I do get where you are coming from. We're in the middle of doing up our house - I started on our dining room in March and here we are mid-June and it's still not done! A to-do list is probably a good idea for us too :)

I think im naturally disorganized as well haha! I always want to think of myself as an organized person, but reality would show much different. At the same time it's not like we're living in complete chaos or living like pack rats. I think it's just that when I think of having another baby, the nesting part of me wants everything to be in order, you know?! I did do a bit of a power clean around our house today and I feel a bit better. I just hate how organizing things is a constant chore you have to be on top of if you want to stay organized. I can think if wayyyyy more fun ways to spend my time lol!

Good luck anyway, Smiler82! Life goes on I guess, whether we're organized or not!

Haha! Yeah I wish I could be more organized - I mean, I know I could if I put the effort in, but then it's a never-ending task and if I'm not naturally organized it means a life of trying to be something I'm not, which seems like a waste. But then, when I need something and I don't know where it is I get really cross with myself! Unfortunately DH is similar so stuff just gets put down wherever, and we're always saying "Have you seen the ....?" ](*,)

Hi girls, I feel a little the same. Our son just turned 3 and whilst I really never knew if I'd have a second, I always thought that if I did, it would be sooner than now.

Part of me wants another so badly and the other part of me is terrified of going back to square one again and starting all over, but I know deep down that I really do want another, it's just the sane part that says "are you serious"!!!

Anyway, I think if you wait until you are organised and ready etc, it will never happen. People told me that about my first and they were right, if I'd waited until I was ready, I'd still be waiting.

I had a really really tough time with my first labour (pregnancy was fine) so I'm scared on a whole other level, but I think we are both ready to have a go for another and I've read that it might not always be as easy to get pregnant second time so best not to waste any more time.

Hi girls, I feel a little the same. Our son just turned 3 and whilst I really never knew if I'd have a second, I always thought that if I did, it would be sooner than now.

Part of me wants another so badly and the other part of me is terrified of going back to square one again and starting all over, but I know deep down that I really do want another, it's just the sane part that says "are you serious"!!!

Anyway, I think if you wait until you are organised and ready etc, it will never happen. People told me that about my first and they were right, if I'd waited until I was ready, I'd still be waiting.

I had a really really tough time with my first labour (pregnancy was fine) so I'm scared on a whole other level, but I think we are both ready to have a go for another and I've read that it might not always be as easy to get pregnant second time so best not to waste any more time.

I think you're right Joeybrooks...about how if we wait until we're "ready", we'll never be ready!

I too am a bit scared of getting pregnant again, though for me it's to do with the pregnancy. I had an irritable uterus (basically got contractions starting at week 23), and although my nausea didn't last long in the first trimester, I remember how horrible it was! With the irritable uterus I was basically useless for like 10 weeks of my pregnancy! I'm scared to get pregnant again because I feel like my 13 month is totally going to suffer :( . I don't think those worries would stop me from getting pregnant again though. I guess we'll see.

GL Joeybrooks! I think I'm motivated too by the fact that it COULD take a while to get pregnant again. You just never know.

I'm with you on the scared bit too. I had a dream pregnancy up until towards the end. I kept getting high BP readings, but when I made it to the hospital, they were lower. Turns out my GP and the hospital were using different cuffs and that is why they were getting different readings.

Anyway, I ended up having pre-eclampsia and had to be induced at 36 weeks. I had a very long, excruciatingly painful, tiresome labour that resulted in me having magnesium sulphate to prevent a seizure, forceps delivery and having to be cut.

After the delivery I contracted an infection somewhere and was on a five day IV antibiotic drip. I had to stay in hospital for almost a week after and that experience in itself was awful.

I had put a lot of the feelings I had during this time to bed following a debrief with the consultant and counselling, however, I really never thought I'd consider another. Now that I am, a lot of the memories, fear and feelings are returning so I've spoken to a midwife that I kept in touch with during my first pregnancy to have a chat about all of these things to see what I can do to try to ease the anxiety before I even try to get pregnant.

As you say, it isnt going to stop me, but I think for my own mental state it would be a good idea to try to deal with them before moving forward.

Hi, I'm wtt for number 2 as well. I haven't been on baby and bump really since I had my daughter, she's two in October. Having similar feelings to you all really, obviously part of me really wants another baby and that's why I'm back on here but part of me is scared because I had an awful labour which ended in a c section (I ended up with pre eclampsia as well but they didn't diagnose it until I was 42 weeks and going in to be induced and had magnesium too) so I feel like my body let me down a bit and worried it will happen again and also I just love my time with my daughter so much and I just feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things at work again that another break would be hard.

Despite all of my fears i think I'm getting ready to try for another baby. We have talked about trying when our daughter is two. Just feel so unorganized though, last time i was wtt what felt like forever but this time it seems to have crept up on me.

Anyway sorry for the waffle, it's nice to meet you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"