WTT for a LONG TIME

clhozac

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm new to this forum. I'm from Georgia in the US, but I live in Sweden with my Swedish husband. I'm 24, and he is 28. We got married in 2011, and we were going to start TTC in 2012, then 2013, then 2014, then in 2014 he said let's wait until 2017 :dohh:..... I may be on this board forever! I know that some people are only around for a few months before jumping over to TTC, but it would be nice to know I am not alone in the year or two plus category of WTT. The first few years of WTT I kept it to myself, but I've realized if I don't have someone to talk to I will just end up going crazy and resenting my husband.

Looking for making new friends that I can complain with :) :hugs:

It has it's ups and downs. Sweden is a great country and I am glad I've gotten to know it so well, you get two years of maternity / paternity leave here that you can split (so you can both be home for a full year) and free healthcare, and great public transport. It's fantastic. I miss my family, and little things mostly.

YAY for another 2017er, or boo? If you're sad about the wait. My WTT is in July 2017 so it looks like we may be here together for awhile. How is the UK? Can I ask your reasons for WTT?

Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear your wait is so long too. I joined in 2011 when I was hoping maybe if I got my house buying/uni out of the way we could at a pinch start ttc in 2014. Yeah stuff happened and now it's probably going to be autumn 2016 at earliest, and practically probably nearer 2017 :(

Never been to Sweden yet but I love Scandinavia and Norway, I kind of wish I could move over to Bergen, but the UK is where I must stay at least for now

HI clhozac.

I'm from California, but living in Germany with my German husband. Originally I was thinking we would be TTC in spring 2016, but now I am not sure when. In California I studied German and wanted to be a German language school teacher. Now that I live in Germany and am not a native German speaker I would like to teach English. To make a long story short, I'll have to study 2 subjects for 5 years and teach 2 years as a student teacher before I will be a certified teacher in Germany. I'm 32 now and my OH is 7 years older. So not sure when we will actually start TTC :(

It sounds like you have a set date to TTC, so that's exciting. :)

Hi,

I am also wtt, although I'm waiting for my second. I had hoped to by TTC in 2016 but it's looking less likely now. We've had a bit of a change in our family circumstances and don't know when we'll be sorted again. We also have a few other bits to sort like buying a bigger house and our DD starting school.

I'll probably be here for a while either way so would be good to get to know some people.

I've been thinking about babies since 2011...WTT since 2012 and on the board since 2013. I'm trying in August 2016 so it's been a long wait and I still have a ways to go. I know it's best to wait until next year, then the timing will be just right and I'll be able to enjoy it fully. It's been hard though the last two years. Can't believe I'm 2/3 done with my official wait though, time really does just fly by I think when you look back on it.

I am finishing up my masters in three weeks and I can hardly believe it...I started it two years ago and I just can't imagine being done finally! Now time to find a job.

I'm not sure when I'll be ttc. :shrug: So I guess I'm in the same boat.

Well I was studying for my bachelors in the US, but I didn't like my school and wanted to change, so my husband suggested I try schools in Sweden since the education is free. I agreed (stupid stupid stupid). So we moved to Sweden only to find out that yes, school is free, but you can't get a bachelors in English, only in Swedish (surprise surprise, DH knew this and didn't tell me) so then I was stuck here trying to get fluent in Swedish and knowing no one and totally isolated and miserable. Of course DH kept insisting that once I learned the language life would be great, and it wasn't that hard I just wasn't trying. So I lost many years trying to learn a language unsuccessfully (I am still not fluent). During which time I said I am doing nothing with my life, I might as well use this time to have a child, because I am home all day everyday anyways. No, our apartment is too small, no we should save more money, the usual reasons. Then I finally got him to set a date, and I was super pumped. Then, the best school in Sweden started offering a bachelors program in my field in English and I was like YAY I can finally go back to school! Then DH said "No babies then!". Although I have three classmates with small children, one of them just had a baby two weeks ago. So now we are waiting until I graduate with my Bachelors in 2017. Although I study biomedicine, so I am regularly exposed to toxic chemicals and bacterial strains and such so being pregnant in a toxic environment is not the best of ideas.

Hi ladies! I thought I'd chime in. My name is Raynese. I live in Washington, DC in the US. Been here all my life. I would love to visit Sweden one day! My boyfriend and I have been together almost 5 years this june. He and I actually had a conversation last week about babies and after that conversation I STILL don't really know when we will actively TTC. I'm only 11 classes away from finishing school so that is a factor. He says that he would rather that I finish my schooling (which will be completed the end of 2016). A month or so ago I asked him if he would be down to TTC next year as he will be turning 30 and I will be turning 27. He told me "most likely". Then our conversation a week ago when I asked him about it he said that it wasn't definite that we would TTC next year. I really REALLY want a baby. I've wanted one our entire relationship and when he said "most likely" for next year I was ecstatic because that was the closest to a yes that I've gotten from him. He's very nonchalant about things and say "we will see" or "if the time is right". So I really don't know when we will be TTC and it's a little frustrating. I've basically lost all hope for trying next year. Makes me a little sad just think about it.

Hi guys, new here but il be probably wtt for awhile, likely after we get married in February 2017. Jealous of the pregnant ladies at work and both my brothers lol. Currently studying veterinary nursing n still have year n but to go so definitely ideal to wait unfortunately

Hi ladies! I thought I'd chime in. My name is Raynese. I live in Washington, DC in the US. Been here all my life. I would love to visit Sweden one day! My boyfriend and I have been together almost 5 years this june. He and I actually had a conversation last week about babies and after that conversation I STILL don't really know when we will actively TTC. I'm only 11 classes away from finishing school so that is a factor. He says that he would rather that I finish my schooling (which will be completed the end of 2016). A month or so ago I asked him if he would be down to TTC next year as he will be turning 30 and I will be turning 27. He told me "most likely". Then our conversation a week ago when I asked him about it he said that it wasn't definite that we would TTC next year. I really REALLY want a baby. I've wanted one our entire relationship and when he said "most likely" for next year I was ecstatic because that was the closest to a yes that I've gotten from him. He's very nonchalant about things and say "we will see" or "if the time is right". So I really don't know when we will be TTC and it's a little frustrating. I've basically lost all hope for trying next year. Makes me a little sad just think about it.

Hey! I'm in the same area, hadn't met anyone on here yet who was. Do you live in the city? We are out to the west on the edge of Fairfax County.

My oh says he is not up for baby right now, keeps saying no you can't have one every time we see one or talk about other people being pregnant. I secretly think he is though, he babies our kitten sooo much lol and has even discussed what paternity leave etc he could take from work. His parents can't wait for grandkids, his mum is planning on where they can sleep when she buys a house with her partner!
I'm definitely hoping will be official TTC after our wedding in feb 2017, can hopefully get some practice in in Iceland where are getting married!!

I think I will be here for awhile. Although I had hoped by 2016, it doesn't look like it though!

Our stories are crazy similar!
I'm American and moved to Sweden in 2010 and been with my Swedish boyfriend since 2009. I also had to learn to the language first, etc and then go to school... and I'm also studying biomedicine! Send me a message I'd love to get to know you. :)

Hello!! Can I join too? :flower:

DH & I are currently on the long term WTT too. We have 2 girls ( 6 years & almost 2) now and had originally thought we would stop after 2 but now we're thinking about having one more...Currently DH & I both work full time outside the home but I am in the process of opening a daycare in our home so I can be home with our girls, be home with another baby if we have one, and actually have more money than I do now working outside the home...We are talking about not starting to TTC until Marcy 2017, so still a ways to go...I want to make sure the daycare is up and running smoothly and get some stuff paid off and a good amount of money in savings!

Since this will be our 3rd (and likely our last), I'm trying to enjoy the WTT because I know this will be the last time I'll be pregnant, the last time I'll give birth, and the last newborn we'll have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->