WTT for number One

JamieRose

Reaction score
So I am waiting to try for number One without any idea as to when we will be able to try. My boyfriend doesn't understand how much I want this, I don't think he will ever be ready to try. He doesn't know that I spend almost all day everyday thinking of what it would be like to have a little bundle of my own. I know I should talk to him about it and let him know how I feel but he's just been so stressed out lately that I don't want to bug him.

That's definitely a talk you shouldn't wait on. I know, I know it's hard and I understand because I'm very passive aggressive but this is your future. Maybe you two can compromise? DH and I did because I was the one not ready and now my mind has completely changed and baby fever has hit lol.

I think I'm gonna have to wait another little bit because we were both just laid off and now have to try and find new jobs.. And we are living with my parents right now because we live in a very small community and no apparently of houses have been available lately. I just hate looking at my Facebook I'm only twenty so most of the people on my Facebook are between the ages of 16 and 23 and so many of them have already had a child are pregnant or are pregnant for the second or third time. Most of them don't even take care of there children or are in situation that a child shouldn't be brought into.... Sorry for ranting so much.. That kinda took an unexpected turn lol

Sounds like you definitely need to talk. I know it's hard when your heart is telling you that you want a baby so bad.

You're 20, which is still quite young, and now neither of you have a job or a place to live.

Maybe you and your Boyfriend could sit down together and compromise on when a right time would be.

My husband and I set goals. We wanted to buy our own home, then get married. Now that's done, we can finally talk about babies. Maybe if you two get a job and your own place, you could start trying to set a definite date.

Honestly i'm guessing you always wanted kids? I'm similar situation, i'm 21, i worked but recently went back to college and now only work part time, my partner works and we are jont tenants with my mum in a 3 bedroom with a room to spare ... i am waiting i think until june 2017 but who knows? A lot can change... you should definitely talk. Someone said you both dont work or have a house but i must have missed that post.
Honestly, not everyone aims to be married or own a home, i dont plan on buying a house, we might get married we might not depending on money .. i use my sparemoney to help my family who struggle a lot more than i do financially. If you are both okay with not getting married first, not owning your own home and just being council or renting then i do not see a problem so long as you can provide a roof over a childs head, be selfless and make sacrifices ... there is no perfect time to have kids. I mean people say i shouldnt consider it because i live with my mum... yeah but now im a joint tenant and i have always been one of her main carers so what am i suppose to do? Abandon her to start a family, no she will just be a part of our family. I do not know your situation... i think the first step you have to take is have a talk with your boyfriend, (im not saying you have to be married but make sure he is at least in it for the long haul, and it is a healthy relationship to bring a child into) .. you would need a spare room, i would suggest at least one of you working full time, i dont know your plans after you have kids, i plan on being a SAHM so me working full time first isn't too big of a deal, make sure you ar eboth willing to sacrifice your time to give it to your child, sacrifice a new bag for nappies etc ... try not to worry about other peoples opinions, if you think it is right, it is right for you. :) Glad to see someone as young as me waiting :)

Ya our situation isn't perfect since we live with my parents and my two younger sister and my little brother, and I'm hoping we can get an apartment of our own first and we are looking for jobs right now we were laid off two weeks ago. I've been looking into how much everything will cost for a baby without any complication, and I'm a very simple person there isn't really anything I would have to give up because I don't normally spend money on myself. I hope that I can have a job before and that me and my boyfriend could have our own place but as everyone know things don't always go as planned and in case it happens before I can move out I know my mom wouldn't kick us out and there is lots of room in my parents house if I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->