WTT in a Long Distance Relationship

T

TacoTurtle

Does anyone have experience with this? Due to tension at home, my parents are kicking me out, and the only place I have to go is back east, to Virginia. Thus, my OH and I will be nearly 2000+ miles apart, and we're trying our darndest to figure out how we're going to make that work... Just the relationship portion has me freaking out, but since we won't be living anywhere near each other (due to school and work) anytime soon, it's scaring me even more.

Is anyone else a good distance away from your OH? How often do you see each other? When are you planning on moving in together?

Sorry to hear that TacoTurtle.....I didn't want to read and run, but my DH and I started as long distance...only about 500 miles apart though. It was tough, but we saw each other 1-2x a month. We tended to rotate who would travel what weekend to see the other person, or sometimes we'd meet 1/2 way and stay w/ friends. We did that for 1 1/2 years then married and moved in together. Being long distance is a challenge but will also show you what your relationship is made of. Granted, some people aren't for talking via phone etc., but being long distance gives you lots of time to explore your hopes and dreams w/o any of the temptation to cut straight to intimacy. It sucked, but was also alot of fun.

don't want to read and run, :hugs: hun... i've never experienced this and personally don't think i could, but that's just me. i'd say one positive to long distance is that it proves how much you really trust your partner and can make you stronger or break you. the way i see it though is that if it can't work from long distance for a short while, it's not going to work permanantly. :hugs: :hugs:

I've been in a long distance relationship before (12 months, 1000 miles) and I agree with Manda, it'll show you whether you're made for each other or not. But if you truly work as a couple then it can be fun as well. You get to have a lot more me-time, get a lot of time on the phone to really get to know your OH and the times you do see each other are a lot more intense. Good luck!

I have had no experience with this and just wanted to wish you the best of luck. I could not do it, but I am sure it will work out fine. When OH and I first got together we were apart but only 50 miles so that was ok and we saw each other most weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->