WTT: NTNP baby #2 September/October 2018

KatO79

Proud Mommy to Alexander
Reaction score
I'm 38 years old (turning 39 in May), married for almost 9 years and we have an adorable 16 month old boy. We went through unexplained infertility for a little over 2 years and went through 6 medicated IUIs (all BFNs) plus 2 IVFs with the first one resulting in a CP before conceiving our little boy who was born October 2016. I unfortunately had to have a c-section due to the doctors thinking he was a big baby but he turned out only being a little over 4 kg. Due to complications during the surgery, I was very strongly advised to wait 2 years before getting pregnant again so trying to stick as closely to that recommendation as possible. We're not sure if we can get pregnant naturally and have decided to not do IVF again due to the cost, both monetary and emotionally/physically:wacko: The state here in Denmark only offers free IVF tries for baby #1 so we would have to pay in full if we were going to do it. We don't have any frozen embies as our son was a top grade embie and our only other embie was severely fractured and discarded. The 2 embies from our first IVF weren't of good enough quality to be frozen. So we're doing NTNP and happy if we conceive ourselves and if not will just be extra happy about having our son:cloud9: It'd be fun to have a girl if I do get pregnant but another boy would be fun in it's own way too so both genders are equally welcome.

Anyone else in a similar position or anyone else waiting to NTNP this Fall?

Wow you definitely have been through a lot more than me but I will also be hoping to conceive around October this year too. I have a 3 year old daughter and prior to having her we had 3 losses (mc, molar, mc) so I’m hoping we don’t have all those troubles the next time around!!

I hope you have a smooth and easier pregnancy next ❤️❤️

Wow you definitely have been through a lot more than me but I will also be hoping to conceive around October this year too. I have a 3 year old daughter and prior to having her we had 3 losses (mc, molar, mc) so I’m hoping we don’t have all those troubles the next time around!!

I hope you have a smooth and easier pregnancy next ❤️❤️

So sorry for your losses:hugs: Here's hoping your journey is easier as well! I hope your pregnancy and birth were easy?

Thanks:flower: My pregnancy was otherwise fine until I started measuring big at around 36 weeks. Then they gave me a growth scan and thought my son was big. Turns out I had more amniotic fluid than they thought:dohh: Didn't have GD as they tested me after the scan:shrug:

BTW they recommended that I have a planned c-section again but don't remember why. I was overwhelmed with being a new mom, dealing with after surgery pains and a bad start to breastfeeding. May have to ask a midwife if I do get pregnant again, just to be clear on the reasons why and to be sure I'm not a VBAC candidate.

Thanks! I had a fantastic pregnancy and a great natural birth so I was very lucky and thankful. I can’t wait to be pregnant and give birth again haha

Hhhmmm I would definitely ask about VBAC! I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to try considering your baby wasn’t actually that big.

Thanks! I had a fantastic pregnancy and a great natural birth so I was very lucky and thankful. I can’t wait to be pregnant and give birth again haha

Hhhmmm I would definitely ask about VBAC! I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to try considering your baby wasn’t actually that big.

Here's hoping you get to do it all over again:flower:

Yeah I'm going to ask but the doctor that operated and especially the head midwife at the hospital really made it sound like it wasn't an option. I don't know if it was because of any of the complications during surgery or what since it sounded like there were a few issues. I tried asking on a Facebook forum who to ask about VBAC and the answers varied. It didn't sound like anyone knew for sure. I think I'll wait to see if I even get pregnant and then at my first midwife appointment ask her about it and if she doesn't know, who to talk to about it. But if there are legitimate health reasons for needing to have a repeat section, then I'll do it!

I recently found my journal (it's all in Danish so won't bother to show it unless anyone can speak it :haha::winkwink:) but it says that after opening me, they discovered my uterus was rotated/twisted with very large blood vessel(s) (not sure if it's plural because of the way they're writing it). They tried to rotate in place but didn't succeed. I don't entirely understand the rest but it sounds like they did something to improve how my uterus is placed. It goes on to say my son's arm kept popping out and they had some problems getting him out. They succeeded but had to deliver him with his legs first.

I'm thinking because my uterus twisted/rotated during pregnancy that it happens again in subsequent pregnancies so need a C-section for them:shrug:

So guess my C-section really was necessary even though it ended up not being because of my son's size so much.

Hello. :)

I'm wtt til October too. I have a holiday in September so I'm waiting until after that.
I got pregnant the second month of trying last time but that was 7 years ago so may not be as easy now. I'll be 33. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you xx

Hello :)

I'm 31 and have a 3.5 year old son. I haven't felt ready to have another yet (emotionally and financially). We bought a new house last august and it requires a lot of work and money. So until we have finished stuff and got a new bathroom, we can't ttc. Aiming for october ish x

Hi I’ll be 31 in June, we already have 4 boys 💙! They are almost 10, 7 next month, 5 and 17 months.
Hubby agreed today that he wants to have our fifth too, but wants us to get some stuff in order first like me do my driving lessons and save up to buy a second car for me to use, plus we have a holiday in October and i want to spend the next few months getting healthy and losing a little weight too.

The complicated part is that we actually has a vasectomy after our third baby and then a reversal so that we could have our fourth! This took us 20 months due to antibodies so fingers crossed it doesn’t take as long again.

OP it sounds like a complicated birth with the twisting etc might be best to just double check why you where told to wait 2 years before having anymore? How long has it been so far? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->