WTT to finish school but everyone around me is having babies; I'm so ready to try

nevergivingup

Mommy To a Miracle Baby
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I guess this is more of a vent because I really can't tell anyone because I'm suppose to be thinking only about school. But with everyone around me pregnant or either having babies all I can think about is being pregnant again and going through my pregnancy. I know my education us important for me and my family but it's so hard to focus when my friend just had a baby girl two days ago and sent me pictures or my other acquaintance I know is pregnant and acting like she's the only one who ever been pregnant before! I'm in love with my son bc he's my everything under God but I just can't wait to try again so I can wobble around or feel my baby kick. O well I got a long wait so I guess I'll be hanging out here :thumbup:

Thanks for listening

I got a similar thing when my lo was that age.
I'm less broody now and so glad I waited.
You're doing the right thing for your family sorting your education.
Xx

I got a similar thing when my lo was that age.
I'm less broody now and so glad I waited.
You're doing the right thing for your family sorting your education.
Xx

THANKS Raspberry K!!! So glad someone understands and so encouraging to the idea of education insyead!! It's a daily battle but I agree totally with you!!!! Thanks

You're welcome, I'm having an idea running through my head that now would be an ideal time to try, regardless that I'm waiting on test results, money to sort out etc etc.
I left school 6 weeks before final a level exams and didn't choose university due to moving in with dh. I totally regret notc waiting.
I feel I'll never be any more than a supermarket assistant and certainly never able to support myself without a mans help.
Xx

You sound like me. I'm also waiting because of school and a lot of my friends are having babies. My LO is a year old, so I guess the wait has its upsides since I'd rather not have two in diapers. I enjoyed being pregnant, so I think I miss the kicks and the waddling around, and the excitement and anticipation of it all along with a new little baby. I've got about a year left, hopefully, as long as everything works out according to plan. I'm waiting on a reply for an internship right now and my graduation date is based on when I complete that so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry for replying so late ladies, it's definitely a task to get on here when you have a LO crawling everywhere while trying to learn how to walk at the same time BUT want to be held also.

Raspberry, that's how I feel I Will be if I don't finish schooling. I know I will regret it bc this is all I dreamt of since I was in high school until I became pregnant and loss it then all I could dream of was a baby. You're not the only one being taken care of by DH I am also, you do have a job to spend your own money while I'm just a simple housewife. So no independence in my corner. I totally rely on him which I don't like bc I want to be someone more then I am one day and this is the only way. So you're thinking of trying again?? Trying for another life is always a beautiful thing to me and I'm sure you will do everything to take care of s/he but I'm sure it's just the thought of not really having that stability to give s/he everything at least that's my fear. What your DH thinks?

Dvc2012: we are definitely in the same boat with schooling and friends having babies and enjoying pregnancy, which I really did enjoy once the first trimester was over. I also have a year left and I'm soooo ready for it to be over so we can try! I hope you hear something soon for your internship. Is the internship included in that year that you have left or is that extra time? My fingers are so crossed for you too!

I only work 5 hours or so per week on a Saturday but it keeps me sane.
We are both keen on the idea of anotherbaby but we have had money problems since dswas 9m. Just getting back on our feet xx

Hi :wave: I'm exactly in the same position. WTT #1 after I finish my university education. Technically my ticker has the date we could try if I didn't carry on after my BA to do teacher training. But if I do decide to teacher train after, in reality, my TTC date wouldn't be until 2017-2018, by which time I'd be 30 :( and that's taking into account to make sure I'd get maternity pay.

Raspberry, 5 hours is great! I wish I could find a job that will allow me to work one day if only that day will not be Saturday. But I'm sure I'm asking too much now. That's one reason we need to wait to gather our monies up bc if get pregnant before we do we will really be digging ourselves in a financial hole. But that's great your DH is on board. Mine is totally against it right now bc of education. Have U thought ab school online something that will promise you stability in finances ?

Blue water: Hi!! I totally understand where you're coming from, having to wait until 2017-2018 is a long time when we're ready NOW!! I can't try until 2015 and that seems like forever!! Becoming a teacher is awesome!! It's def rewarding to change lives like that. What grade will u be teaching? I really think we're closer to TTC then we think it's just watching everyone else.

My friend just had her baby 3 days ago SO OF COURSE my DH is making us go today which I do want to show my support but I know that will add on to my broodiness.

Sorry for replying so late ladies, it's definitely a task to get on here when you have a LO crawling everywhere while trying to learn how to walk at the same time BUT want to be held also.

Raspberry, that's how I feel I Will be if I don't finish schooling. I know I will regret it bc this is all I dreamt of since I was in high school until I became pregnant and loss it then all I could dream of was a baby. You're not the only one being taken care of by DH I am also, you do have a job to spend your own money while I'm just a simple housewife. So no independence in my corner. I totally rely on him which I don't like bc I want to be someone more then I am one day and this is the only way. So you're thinking of trying again?? Trying for another life is always a beautiful thing to me and I'm sure you will do everything to take care of s/he but I'm sure it's just the thought of not really having that stability to give s/he everything at least that's my fear. What your DH thinks?

Dvc2012: we are definitely in the same boat with schooling and friends having babies and enjoying pregnancy, which I really did enjoy once the first trimester was over. I also have a year left and I'm soooo ready for it to be over so we can try! I hope you hear something soon for your internship. Is the internship included in that year that you have left or is that extra time? My fingers are so crossed for you too!

Thanks! The year includes the internship as long as I begin it by the summertime. If I wait or am delayed until the fall, it will be a little over a year because the internship is a year long. I'm studying to be a psychotherapist and the school requires 700+ hours of contact with patients.

I'm on my phone so I was having some difficulty doing multi-quotes, but did you go see your friend's baby? A friend of mine had a boy at the beginning of December and I've been a bit more broody ever since. It doesn't help that my OH keeps asking about #2 and telling me he wants a girl. Unlike your OH, mine doesn't seem to think about finances at all :dohh: currently, I'm not working and he is the only one bringing in an income, so I keep telling him he needs to wait until I graduate and get settled in a job, but that goes in one ear and out the other.

I don't have a baby yet, but I can definitely relate to waiting because of schooling. I'm getting my Master's in Social Work and will be done with the on-campus part of it in May 2015. (I have a few online classes after that and will be done-done in August 2015.) Right now, we want to wait until August 2014 to try so the earliest I would have the baby would be May when I'm done with the on-campus part. There is a girl in my program who is pregnant and due in February. The university is giving her special permission to take next semester online because of this. Of course, this has the wheels turning in my head!!
I know August is only a few months away, but I want to be pregnant so badly. I just can't help having this feeling that our family is so incomplete. I know that DH will be a wonderful dad and that if it came down to it, we could make everything work. That's what being a family is all about, right? My nephews are 4 and 11 months and I want them to have a little cousin. Our grandparents are sadly dying off as well, so that gets the wheels turning to "create a new generation" as well. We bought a house a few months ago, too, so that also makes it just seem right to have a baby.
As I'm writing this, I realize that I'm probably sounding whiney because really, August isn't that far off. I guess I kind of have a fear that we will get to that point and DH will want to wait longer. I really hope that doesn't happen. I feel like we've waited long enough! We're 28 and want 3 kids. I know in this day and age, it's nothing to have children when you're in your late 30s or early 40s, but after 35, the risks for problems increase. Also, what if we can't get pregnant right away??
I kind of wish we could just "let go and let God," but I also realize that God gave us judgment and a "head on our shoulders."
It's just a lot to think about. I'm really glad that you shared this. I guess I had a lot to get off of my chest. Bottom line, I get it! Waiting is really, really hard! I know for myself, I just have to keep reminding myself that we're waiting for the best interest of our family and that it WILL pay off in the end! I know that still doesn't make it easy, though!

I don't have a baby yet, but I can definitely relate to waiting because of schooling. I'm getting my Master's in Social Work and will be done with the on-campus part of it in May 2015. (I have a few online classes after that and will be done-done in August 2015.) Right now, we want to wait until August 2014 to try so the earliest I would have the baby would be May when I'm done with the on-campus part. There is a girl in my program who is pregnant and due in February. The university is giving her special permission to take next semester online because of this. Of course, this has the wheels turning in my head!!
I know August is only a few months away, but I want to be pregnant so badly. I just can't help having this feeling that our family is so incomplete. I know that DH will be a wonderful dad and that if it came down to it, we could make everything work. That's what being a family is all about, right? My nephews are 4 and 11 months and I want them to have a little cousin. Our grandparents are sadly dying off as well, so that gets the wheels turning to "create a new generation" as well. We bought a house a few months ago, too, so that also makes it just seem right to have a baby.
As I'm writing this, I realize that I'm probably sounding whiney because really, August isn't that far off. I guess I kind of have a fear that we will get to that point and DH will want to wait longer. I really hope that doesn't happen. I feel like we've waited long enough! We're 28 and want 3 kids. I know in this day and age, it's nothing to have children when you're in your late 30s or early 40s, but after 35, the risks for problems increase. Also, what if we can't get pregnant right away??
I kind of wish we could just "let go and let God," but I also realize that God gave us judgment and a "head on our shoulders."
It's just a lot to think about. I'm really glad that you shared this. I guess I had a lot to get off of my chest. Bottom line, I get it! Waiting is really, really hard! I know for myself, I just have to keep reminding myself that we're waiting for the best interest of our family and that it WILL pay off in the end! I know that still doesn't make it easy, though!

I'm graduating in May 2015 as well, so we won't be considering having any more until that time, and most likely, later. The waiting does get so hard and I envy the people around me who are all set in their schooling and careers and could start trying tomorrow if they wanted to. Personally, I think it is good though that you are choosing to wait until the TTC timing puts your due date near or after your graduation. I tried doing graduate school (I'm studying for a Masters in Clinical & Counseling Psychology), work, and taking care of a baby all at once and my stress level was through the roof. Luckily, I could quit my job without affecting my family's well-being, but I have been finding it very hard to get homework done with a toddler constantly putting books and toys on my lap while I'm trying to read and I feel bad when I'm not giving him 100% of my attention. We went through a period where he would not sleep well at night and he also wouldn't nap during the day. It was awful. I had to beg my dad to come over and babysit every day so I could write papers and do my reading. I can't wait until school is over :happydance: haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->