WTT: Trying to figure out cycles. Last 3 have been short.

Wishu

Reaction score
Well, my past few cycles off of my BCP have been really choppy. So I'm still trying to figure things out. I'm pretty concerned that since my cycles are so short that I might be close to menopause. Is that an irrational worry for a 25 year old? I mean, it can happen early, right? Can shorter cycles say you're more than likely not ovulating? I'm a bit frustrated.

Past 3 Cycles were: August 1st-August 20th, August 21st-September 10th, September 11th-September 26th.

During my August 21st cycle I thought I had possibly conceived, but had my hopes up I suppose.

Now we're back to the ole' drawing board.

I had a bit of port (wine) on the 26th for a friend's birthday (wasn't originally intentional, but hey... things happen I guess), and started what I believed to be my period on the 27th. It was bright red and lasted for 3 days. It was about medium in flow, so I figured it's just an early and weird period. I tried to find out if it was possible for wine to cause you to start your period early, but didn't have any luck with that. So I'm in the dark right now. Kind of worried, what if I messed something up?

I've been super tired lately. Seems like I get up, make/eat breakfast, then go right back to bed within 2 or 3 hours. Been craving salty stuff, but decided maybe that's from an iron deficiency or maybe needing to drink more water. So looking into those two things to see how it makes me feel. I did get the urge for pickles and peanut butter the other day, but not sure if that's weird or actually sounds good.

This may be better posted in TTC... Or are you not trying yet? anyway...

I'm 99.9% sure wine wouldn't shorten your cycles - someone correct me if I'm wrong. Menopause at 25 is very unlikely but I feel the same worries sometimes (my cycles are stupidly long).

I would ask the docs for a blood test and possible ultrasound to check for anything like PCOS etc. As far as I know, early cycles could mean ovulation didn't happen but it could be to do with hormone imbalance as well. Hope you get some answers x

Ah, yea, I wasn't entirely sure which section to post in. I was TTC, but then we moved more into the NTNP sort of mode. But I'm trying to watch my cycles to see how they are before seriously trying. I guess NTNP might be a better match for the time being? I have no idea.

Prior to getting put on my BCP (cryselle 28) I was having very irregular cycles. I have some dates wrote down and some small descriptions.

These were all dates from 2014.

5/10 to 5/15 - spotty and very light
6/4 to 6/6 - spotty and light
skipped period
8/24 to 8/26 - very light
skipped period
skipped period
11/9 to 11/12 - very light

So, before I was on my BCP, my cycles were very irregular. They were longer and/or later or simply nonexistent. So that's the part that's confusing me. Now they're every month and shorter. And this time about 5 days early, considering the past few were 20 day cycles. At my last gynecologist visit they did say I had 3 small follicles on one of my ovaries, but they didn't really mention anything about PCOS. Would there need to be more to it than that? Lack of communication perhaps?

Next step would be getting a 2nd look at the ovaries and possibly get my hormone levels checked out?

I would say hormone level check will possibly be the best start. When did you stop BCP this time? My docs don't do anything until 6 months really x

Been about 4 months nearly. I guess I should be a bit more patient as well for things to try to regulate, huh? They didn't get this way overnight. lol

Had a nice long chat with my fiancee last night and he convinced me that I just need to relax for now. If things don't straighten out within the next 2 or 3 months then we'll look into options like checking hormone levels.

Until that point I'm making sure to get plenty of vitamins. I was doing some extra reading about what helps with regulating ovulation and menstruation in general. So hopefully it helps. If I have any good experience from this combination of things I'll definitely share it with others. Who knows, it might help someone else as well.

I had a look earlier - flaxseed is good for ovulation apparently. I may try it because I have the very opposite problem! Last time I didn't have a period for 5 months! (Not pregnant)

Oh wow, hopefully that gets you going in the right direction. I've been there before with the skipping for months (about 8 years ago). Please let me know if the flaxseed helps you out. I would appreciate the feedback about it.

My route is making sure I get enough vitamins and such by taking a good multivitamin. Most of the things I'll need are covered in the type that I take: Pure Encapsulations: Nutrient 950 with vitamin K. It has the following: ingredients.

That combined with as healthy of a diet as possible. On the upside at least I'll be eating smarter.
:) Nothing negative about that.

After doing some reading, I've just ordered some multivitamins with magnesium and B vitamins, angus castus and a ground flaxseed mix to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->