WTT until March 2014

I Love Lucy

DS and DD
Reaction score
DH and I are planning to start TTC #2 in March 2014. Anybody else planning to start TTC around this time too? Would love to meet some new people to pass the time with.

Hey :) We are WTT until April 2014 but I'll put money on me actually starting in March!!

Yup! I figure ntnp starting in march for the second baby!

Glad to meet some other ladies planning to TTC around the same time. Since you both have babies anything you hope to be/do differently with pregnancy or labor and delivery?

Honestly, no not really. I had a pretty easy pregnancy and home delivery. I hope it's the same! The only thing I hope is not to get the awful intestinal symptoms that I got last time (like, scanning the road looking for private places as I drive type symptoms).
It was a surprise pregnancy but I had done almost everything I wanted to before babies.

I had a difficult pregnancy and birth (obstetric cholestasis, pre-eclampsia, induction at 36+6w, postpartum pulmonary embolism) so I'm hoping it will be very different next time!! I'm hoping for a much easier time but I know it's likely I will get the OC again, and I will have to have clexane injections to prevent the blood clots again. According to my mw, my risk for pre-eclampsia is lower now but as but my mum had had pre-eclampsia in all 3 pregnancies I reckon i'm likely to get it again. But who knows what will happen!

ME! My OH and I are planning to TTC the month of our wedding, which is April. Whenever my cycle starts at the end of March/beginning of April is when we'll start!

Me too, well its supposed to be April as thats when Emilia turns one, but like you purplespecs I can guarantee I will at least be ntnp by March lol!!

I had a miscarriage before my healthy pregnancy (well I say healthy, I had a bleed at 20 weeks, contractions caused by a UTI at 24 weeks and eventually was induced due to suspected pre-eclampsia at 39 + 6 weeks). I had a bit of a traumatic birth being induced, baby being back to back and then getting stuck in the birth canal, which all resulted in an EMCS. I'm thinking that next time I will be having an elective c section.

baileybubs, our LO's are the exact same age!!

The second time around I'm hoping that I'll enjoy pregnancy a bit more. I love my DS but I hated being pregnant. I had a rough time with MS for the first 15/16 weeks of pregnancy. Then I probably had a few weeks where I actually felt decent. Then I ended up with heartburn that progressively got worse right up until the end of my pregnancy. I remember that last month being awful because I was basically dealing with heartburn and acid reflux 24/7.

As for labor and delivery, I'm pretty pleased with how everything went. I was induced at 40+6 and from the start of the induction to DS being born was 9 hours so not long at all. I am hoping that next time I don't tear though or at least don't tear worse then what I have already (I had second degree tearing) since I've been having issues with that healing.

Do y'all have to-do lists before baby #2? I remember DH and I had a lengthy list before TTC #1 but this time it seems my only real thing to-do is lose my baby weight and an extra 10-15 lbs that I gained while on BCP prior to TTC so about 25 lbs that I still need to lose.

Anyone else's SO really eager to go through it all again? I felt like I was nagging DH for ever to start TTC #1 but this time around he was actually saying he wouldn't mind starting in the winter this year. March is the earliest I'm willing to do it though since if we fall pg right away like last time I wouldn't be dealing with horrible MS on DS's first birthday.

Hi I love lucy, birthday buddies lol!! What time was your little one born?

My df would be trying again right away if he had the choice lol!! We have both always wanted a big family, but I am the more logical one who made us wait until we were more settled before ttc #1, and this time I think if I hadnt had the c section I would be ttc again in a couple of months, but paranoia about uterine rupture is making me want to wait a year. To be honest, I also think I need to give my body a rest, but my df is definately wanting another soon. He even said he misses my bump lol!! He used to rub my bump all the time, I suppose flabby fat just isnt the same as a baby bump lol!!

My LO arrived at 12:17 AM. I think had I not been told I can't push (by far the hardest thing about my labor) because the doctor is busy delivering another baby DS would have been born the same day they started my induction since it all went so quickly.

Do you miss your bump at all? I tried to take pictures of my bump every couple of weeks so I could see the changes and when I see those pictures now I do find myself missing it which surprised me since during pregnancy I just felt like a whale.

Ah so your LO was born just as I was being induced then coz they broke my waters at midnight and then put me on the drip by 12.30am. She was born 16 hours later at 4.13pm.

I do miss my bump sometimes, I find myself rubbing my tummy and wishing I could still feel the kicks. I just don't miss all the aches and pains that come with having a bump lol!
It's funny coz I think as soon as I am pregnant again I will remember all the bad points about it but right now I couldn't care less about them lol!

Im 24, will be 25 when ttc. We were planning on ttc #1 for me (my OH has a 5year old son from previous relationship)from november 2013 but have booked a trip to mexico and have reconsidered ttc date to March / April 2014 whilst we are in mexico. 😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->