WTT weddings...

Yaaaay loving this thread, and any links to cheapo wedding-related stuff, please post away! They would be mucho appreciated!

I'm newly engaged, but am only just starting to get over my m/c enough to even think about the wedding. I am actually wedding-phobic!! I'm like the anti-bride! Luckily, OH has come over to my way of thinking since he saw the price of some local venues! I'd like to get married February 6th next year - the anniversary of when he proposed, so I guess I'd better get on it...!

I also had the fab idea of a pre-wedding honeymoon over Xmas (this is the only time we can both get off work) - three weeks of luxury in a couple of exotic locations that we'll never be able to visit once we have bubbas, and a tiny little wedding for close family and friends on a tiny little budget of whatever's left over. :happydance:

Now...I wonder if I can pull it off! Lol!!!

I have no budget :blush: I think we prob will end up about 20 grand ish.. but i have no idea whether we will go that far, we're having the wedding at home so i kinda hope i wont spend so much :lol:

I'm getting married 30th May :)

We haven't set a budget, they just seem to spiral out of control and I think it would end up giving my OH a heart attack lol.

We're doing things pretty small scale. Making my own invitations, cake etc. Getting married in a registry office which doesn't cost much at all. No wedding meal, just a disco and buffet in the evening.

The one thing I've splashed out on was my dress, but I got the sample instead of a brand new one which knoacked £250 off the cost (should have been £800 but got it for £550).

This is what I ordered...

https://www.simply-brides.co.uk/pictures/bridal8/ms12755.jpg

Fortunately I've had a few donations from family which we weren't planning on, we didn't ask anyone it was just offered to us which has helped ease the blow.

I had a look in BHS the other day (where I'm getting my shoes and underwear from) and there is some lovely stuff in there which is really reasonably priced :) Ebay is a winner too :)

Good look when you finally set a date, if you want any cost cutting tips or second hand stuff let me know :)

xxx

Love your dress linzi!

I've decided on my colour theme....i want blue i think! Because i absolutely love these...https://www.interrose.co.uk/blue_roses.shtml xx

lol - Nik_, you need to get the ring!! TBH, something similar has happened to my friend recently... if there's no ring in 6 months you need to drag him shopping! x

I'm hoping that I'll have the ring by our anniversary in September. Lately I've been bugging OH about it like crazy. :blush:

What happened with your friend?

just got engaged in january and will be married in oct 2010 (together 4 and half yrs), nothing booked yet but excited.
just a bit of friendly advice don't be too pushy on engagement/marriage/baby thing it takes the men a little while to come around. My fella has been wanting kids since we started going out but i told when i had a ring on my finger we could consider it then, so its working out.
anyways best of luck to all xxx

Congrats to all of you! I got married in 2007, I kinda miss getting married now :blush: but I had the time of my life so enjoy every minute of it! We had a relatively small wedding, about 100 close friends and family. I really splurged on furnishing our new condo so that's where my budget fell apart :rofl:

getting married april next year, we got engaged last december but i wanted to finish my degree before planning the wedding so thats y we decided on 2010. im just starting to think about planning now. so exciting but i dont know how im going to organise everything and make so many decisions! we have alot of freinds and i have quite a large family so think it will be a pretty big wedding but im hoping not to spend too much xxx

hay i got married less than 2weeks ago we did all of ours for £2000! i got my dress from ebay!! it was amazing!! i love my dress!!! i did alot myself! and customised the bits i couldnt get exactly the way i wanted! an i planned it all from start to finish in 16weeks! it was compltetly amazing the whole day was fantastic!! i am enjoying not havin to to plan or stress anymore!!
godd luck to all planning their big day!! and congratulations!!

You need to write an in depth account of what you did hehe. I'd love a wedding that cheap!

1. Can we see your dress?
2. How many people did you have?
3. What sort of venue did you have?

i went on ebay an i typed in prom dress rather than wedding dress and i fell in love with my dress!! it wasnt white we had a church wedding with 80people that included the 15kids!! and we had a hall with a buffet bar champagne and dj it was all very relaxed!! my flowers are artificial!! again (ebay)all of our flowers were artificial but we didnt ask for flowers in the church as the church was soo beautiful we loved it!! but the trick is to do as much as possible yourself! i bought a plain dress for my bridesmaid and i customised it my self and the same with my veil! hobbycraft is a great place for decorations an wedding favours! i decorated the hall did most of the food myself and i have friends in the photography,dj and wine buisness'!! it helped the hall was a comunity hall an they were great!! my oh even made the cake but we had a lemon sponge with lime filling!! yum! and we had a friend make the cake toppers to look like us! everything went exactly how we wanted and to plan but thats because we did do most of it ourselves with the help of a few great mates will get pics on when i am not on a loan comp cause i cant down load my photos yet!!
if anyone needs any help feel free to give me a message an i will do my best!!

hehe, I'd definitely love to decorate our own hall. Would be cool and very personal :) Will definitely look into that.

Definately try as hard as you can NOT to use the word wedding!!! It bumps the prices of everything up.
Example:
Wedding cake - £250
Celebration fruit cake - £50

xxx

Bloody hell! I saw some simple fruit cakes at tesco, ones with white icing that could be easily made into a wedding cake!

Yeah we're getting some from Asda. You can get 3 white tiers (different sizes) for about £30 in total, then buying decorations online. our cake will cost roughly £40 in total. You can also get the plain tiers in M&S although they're a bit more expensive.

All other wedding cakes we got quotes for were minimum £175 for 2 tiers.

xxx

Ridiculous isn't it! Why pay all that for one day!

Exactly my thoughts. We're on a fairly tight budget so tbh I wasn't too fussed about the cake seems like a unneccessary expense.

xxx

I'm getting married July 4, 2009. We got engaged last May on a carribean cruise. My parents are paying for our wedding so we are very fortunate. I don't know what the budget is - but I'm not one to go crazy. I wanted my dress to be $500 or less - but that was one thing I splurged on. When I tried it on I knew it was the one and it was $1200.

The plans are pretty much done - just details now. I'm excited to see it all take shape on the day!

My cake will be free because my mum makes wedding cakes :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->