WTT weddings...

My H2B and me have been engaged for a few years and set a date last year for the 8th August this year. Our budget is £6k all in inc. honeymoon, though I fear we may go slightly over this (and it has already increased by £1k).

I don't have enough posts to link you up yet but my dress is Forever Yours Fantasy style 48125. We're having a black & white wedding sop I had to have a B&W dress. :)

It's getting scarily close though now, I even got our first present tonight!!!

I'm engaged and getting married in 4 months and 3 weeks (not that I'm counting or anything!!). It's a double edged sword really cos I'm excited about getting married but I want it to be over with so we can start TTC!!!!!!

xxx

PS: Sooz - we're getting married on the same day!!!

It is coming up scarily fast, I can remember thinking 'it's a yar away, ages yet' and now it's less than 5 months!!!

xxx

PS: Sooz - we're getting married on the same day!!!

It is coming up scarily fast, I can remember thinking 'it's a yar away, ages yet' and now it's less than 5 months!!!

xxx

Hi, yeah I spotted that on another thread :happydance: we set the date exactly a year to the day and it has just flown by. I can't believe the invites will be going out next month! :yipee:

OMG Sooz and Lullabelle I'm getting married August 8th too lol!! wahoo wedding buddies!!

Ok anyways I am with drazic too on this, the stress is driving me crazy! but it is stress caused by family rather than by organising.. I am having fun planning what the hall will look like.. we are going in on the friday night to have a "decorating party" and make ready for the saturday.. that will be so much fun..

Anyways just got the bridesmaid dresses on ebay from america.. £40 for both of them.. my own favourite bargain!
No real budget just keeping it low.. wedding ceremony at hotel .. costing £125 and reception with casual buffet at a hall costing £250 with disco..

all the money is going on the dress.. i wanted a slightly celtic theme so my ring is a scotish celtic knot and dress is my most favourite thing in the whole wide world... from rivendell bridal in somerset.
xx

Attachments

• my dress small.jpg
    my dress small.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 13
Ok as iv said before im not gettin married any time soon, were not even engaged but IV FOUND MY DRESS!!!!
and it only costs £1,450 :(

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 14
Hopefully my dress should be attatched now so you can actually see it! Wow, the 8th sure is a popular date this year, though it was very popular last year for a reason (08-08-08 ). We set the date excatly a year to the day. :)

Winter Belle, you dress is just gorgeous!

Attachments

• my dress.jpg
    my dress.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11
Sooz that dress is so lovely!

Thank you :happydance:

My family remain unconvinced (my Dad always imagine his little girl would get married in white) but I knew as soon as I saw it that it would be 'the one'. I cannot wait for my fittings though as at the moment it's a fair bit too big. :dohh:

Its stunning! most people forget what the dress was like a few weeks after the wedding and just say it was lovely but no one would forget you in that.

hi i promised i would post a pic of my weddin dress once my computer was fixed wel i had to get a new one so here it isCeremony29.jpg

wow these are such gorgoeus dresses everyone.. The celtic theme is more popular than I thought..

my dress is called Titania (the fairy queen) which I love because I love faeries!!

it hasn't been made yet though so I will get more excited when I can wear it and have it hanging in my wardrobe... def expensive though.

I always wanted to have some colour in my dress, although white might be traditional nowadays it wasn't even considered a few hundred years ago and the celtic/medievil style was traditional once so who is to say what is traditional and what isn't! lol

oh and I am basing my cake design on this cake from the film "because I said so" I'm having it in light blue and white polka dots with butterflies instead of roses around the edge... cannot wait!!

I booked the date of the wedding around the dress lol... the lady had a year's waiting list so I put my order down for the dress and made up a 'random' date of 08-08-09. I figured as long as i had the dress everything else could be sorted later... As it turned out I went to book venues in feb this year and the only date they had left was the 8th August... all fell into place as if by magic lol!

Attachments

• my cakeeee.jpg
    my cakeeee.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 8
I had my dress ordered a whole 6 months before we set the date, although we knew we wanted the 8th August. I was expecting it to arrive September last year as we were given a 16 week lead time but it arrived in June in the end! So it will have been sitting in my spare room for a year when I have my first actual fitting.

The cake is something I havn't given a huge amount of throught to yet but we have a friend who is a chef and he volunteered to make one for us at cost price. A lot of the wedding details are based around the black lace on my dress so no doubt the cake will feature that somewhere too.

That dress is so gorgeous sooz.. Since planning everything I have been kind of wishing that i chose black and white as my wedding colours as everything I love has been in black and white.

but I've gone for blue and white and dark blues where I can, I like them just as much lol

Were not engaged. OH says that after we've lived together for a year then she will ask.....but it is not exact. I'm so frustrated. I want to be married NOW but he's all "what's the rush? We're in love, isn't that enough? All a wedding is is extra paperwork if we break up!" I'm so pissed!!!!

That dress is so gorgeous sooz.. Since planning everything I have been kind of wishing that i chose black and white as my wedding colours as everything I love has been in black and white.

but I've gone for blue and white and dark blues where I can, I like them just as much lol

I'm actually a bit annoyed with how popular it has become, since I started planning Confetti have launched a whole range of B&W products and also one which features a lace design...I have lace incorporated into all my stationary and was guted when I realised it wouldn't be original anymore :blush:.

I think blue & white is a lovely combination and I have seen some very pretty weddings co-ordinated to use those colours. It's even more special because not everyone has jumped on the bandwagon so it will be quite unique, especially with your gorgeous dress.

Do you know what flowers you are having...

Ive got a dress fitting on thursday & hair and make up trial. Was debating not getting a make up artist but I caved lol Im so excitedddddddddd

xxx

I am loving the dresses!!
Thought id share mine, we got maried August 08. We wanted 08.08.08, but my dad had already booked a holiday for then!! Damn it! So we had the weekend after!
We managed to do our wedding, including honeymoon for £6k, as we were on a tight budget! The cake was made by a friend of MIL, and all the dresses were from China/ebay! lol!! I think OH's suit rental cost more than my dress! lol! But i loved it, as soon as i saw it i just thought it so was different to everything else id seen- for me, the dresses all started to merge into one, but this stood out!

Attachments

• wedding cake.jpg
    wedding cake.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
  • bridesmaids.jpg
    bridesmaids.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 12
  • wedding dress.jpg
    wedding dress.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 13
Ive got a dress fitting on thursday & hair and make up trial. Was debating not getting a make up artist but I caved lol Im so excitedddddddddd

xxx

I was debating about getting a makeup artist, so i went for a trial. It was ok, but tbh, i did a better job myself! So i cancelled her for the day n did it myself, n i think i was more comfortable doin my own. I just begrudged paying someone for doing something i could do!
It is exciting tho! :happydance: I hope ur makeup artist is a good one! let us know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->