WTT weddings...

Done my budget...

£12,000!!! wowee! That's including the honeymoon. We're gonna marry July 2011 :happydance: Plenty of time to save.

hey, heres a link to my thread about out WTT wedding... https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/119890-wedding-hell.html
we cant wait to start trying, but now because of how much the wedding has come to, were thinking about holding back till after the wedding! were waaaaay too stressed and both over weight.
i am too scared to weigh myself after stacking on weight when i stopped breastfeeding! grrrr i am sooooo angry with myself x x x x congrats to every WTT'er who is newly wed/soon to marry x x x x x

We are going to start calling him Mr NotReady lol

We are going to start calling him Mr NotReady lol

Lmao i love it. He tells me all the time he dose want to get married and have kids with my but "just not yet"
"When though?"
"i dunno, just not yet"

Mr NotYet could be another alternative

Ive choosen my dress. I cant believe its sooo cheap. £125!!!

Attachments

• 1188.jpg
    1188.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1189.jpg
    1189.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 3
Gorgeous dress Autumn Rose....I think I posted mine in my journal but here it is again. I can't believe there's only 81 days until the wedding! I'm basically done all of my planning. Just waiting for the day!

Attachments

• my dress.jpg
    my dress.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
I am not in wtt but thought I would tell you about my wedding. We started organising it just 7 weeks before, wanted really informal as I was 19 and didnt like the idea of formal and didnt wanna spend much money, so we had the wedding in the registry office and a bbq at my parents house.

My dress was £50 from Monsoon in the sale
Matt's suit was £100 from Debenhams
Morgans (son) little suit £20 (he was 14 weeks)
Bridesmaid dress £40 in sale from Debenhams
Wedding license fees £42 for the both of us
Silk bouquet for me, and bridesmaid, plus buttonholes £35
Hiring the registry office £40
Invitations for wedding x 50 £15 (I made them from scratch)
Invitations for BBQ after x 50 £15
Food (we did a bbq, buffet and desert for 100 people) £150
Drink £150 (all brought) abroad so much cheaper
Decorations £30
Cake free as MIL made it as she is semi professional
Favours £30 (I made them)

So wedding cost £717

I did my make up myself, as well as my hair. The cake had red flowers as the topper of each tier, so curled my hair and fixed a matching flower in to my hair.

I'm hopefully getting married next April. Our budget is roughly £5-10 thousand but that doesn't include stuff like the cake which will be free as mil2b's making it. Quite stressed about it all atm as my mum's being a little bit of a cow (just after she and my dad offered to put up £5000 for it :hissy:) and I've got my dissertation and finals to worry about too!

Best advice I have for people who want to save money on their wedding is to ask all your family and friends what their skills are- we're having the cake, my dress, the photography, the videos, the buffet, and the entertainment provided by family and friends for reduced or no cost!!:happydance:

I can't wait!!!!

Beca :wave:

Tasha that sounds like the perfect wedding for me.. I'm not into the big formal wedding either..but I'm having to comromise and pay out a bit more on a hall, food and drink to keep everyone happy.

tbh I haven't done much thinking about the wedding in the last few weeks... My mum has put a big downer on the whole thing and my enthusiasm for it has dropped completely. Such a shame because I really want to enjoy this organising part of it all but it is so hard when everything i organise is wrong in my mum's eyes. Even when i have changed things to make her happy she makes a point of reminding me (and everyone she talks to) that she didn't like it to begin with!

So now I am doing alot of the planning by myself and tbh it's getting a bit lonely, lol!

Flowers is the one thing i haven't really thought about... silly i know.. i think my dressmaker makes silk bouquets so I will prob go for a small bouquet for me and a single silk flower for each of my bridesmaids. Other than that most things are planned... just need to order the rings and suits.

xxx

:hugs: Winter Belle, sorry your finding it lonely, do you have a good friend who would help with the details but not too pushy? Remember its your day and you should be happy.

I did the registry office and BBQ cos I would of just spent the day really uncomfortable otherwise

tbh I haven't done much thinking about the wedding in the last few weeks... My mum has put a big downer on the whole thing and my enthusiasm for it has dropped completely. Such a shame because I really want to enjoy this organising part of it all but it is so hard when everything i organise is wrong in my mum's eyes. Even when i have changed things to make her happy she makes a point of reminding me (and everyone she talks to) that she didn't like it to begin with!
xxx

were in the same boat then! :rofl::rofl::rofl: its lonely here too x x x x bnb buddies have been a good help to me though x x x :hugs:

What cake is everyone having? We are having a butterfly themed wedding. I love these ones

Attachments

• !BP1MlKQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKi8EjlLmZdNYBJ1o4zv)B!~~_1.JPG
    !BP1MlKQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKi8EjlLmZdNYBJ1o4zv)B!~~_1.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 3
  • c88c_1.JPG
    c88c_1.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 2
  • de20_1.JPG
    de20_1.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
I've seen the first one in a wedding magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->