WTT Weight loss thread

it might sound silly but im not sure what is a healthy weight for ttc, even a bmi, ive recently lost 2.5 stones, bmi went from 34 to 28, but not sure if 28 is too high?
sorry if people think im being a bit silly!!

Well, even though I have lost most of my weight, I am still losing those last kilos.

I put on 3 to 4 stone ( 25 to 30 kilos) when I went on antidepressants due to having anxiety (I never was depressed though, the depressing thing was the weight gain LOL)

I have always been on the slim side, long limbed, and my figure was always my best feature So when I piled it on, I never adapted to that larger figure. All the weight was on my tummy, chin and face, and maybe 20 percent in other places. It was so bad that people would always think I was pregnant. Some people look fine overweight, pretty, but I looked bloated, really awful. I hated the clothes I could buy and how they would look. I realized that in general I avoided the mirror. I tried diets, but didn't seem to have the willpower to get further than a stone loss and then put it back on.

I stopped taking those horrid tablets about two years ago, and then I seemed to have the will to lose weight and the metabolism to make it go faster.

The first 10 kilos came off with a diet that was an attempt to lower my anxiety. It was supposed to control blood levels as when they crash this can bring on anxiety attacks. It was very similar to an atkins diets, and I really didn't suit it. I felt sick often, was never hungry, had tummy and toilet problems, and just didn't like the food at all. I wasn't so bothered about the weight lose as I was about getting better. However, the weight did drop, but the anxiety didn't get any better (maybe a coincidence but it got worse). So I went back to eating normally, no diet, and I was surprised I didn't put any significant weight on.

People kept saying and admiring the weight loss I had had, I was also pleased as I was slimmer than I had been for years, but I still noticed my still fat face and very fat tummy. I didn't diet for months though, and finally after about half a year decided I wanted to go back on the path to get back to my old slim me. I did weight watchers minus the reunions and lost another stone and a bit. Now I was starting to look slimmer. I was a size 14 and just in the limit of being a healthy weight (24.9 bmi), and as I am long legged, wearing the right sorts of clothing I could look slim. I again stopped dieting and ate what I wanted for another 6 months, and then just lately I decided I wanted the last hurdle to get to a size 12 and a bmi of 22. I have lost another half a stone, and have about another half a stone to go to get to my ideal weight.

Its great to put on my old skirts and trousers that I refused to throw away. Gradually my stomach is looking not pregnant and my face is no longer puffy with 3 chins to match. Now when I put on the right clothes I can get away with looking almost as if I have the size I want to aim at.

I wanted to lose weight because I never accepted the old weight, because it felt very unhealthy as it was all hanging on my stomach (the worst area for health risks), I wanted to like my figure again, feel confident and attractive, and be healthy to have a baby. Many can look attractive with extra weight, it was not my case belief me, my skin also allied with my fat to make me look as awful as possible.

So now here I am, very near my goal weight, (I will post the final pics when I do so in my famous heart-patterned shorts). On reflection, the weight loss was not "difficult" once I kind of got on the path. It is no way as hard as the path of unpicking the stitches of my anxiety built mind, to the point I feel envious of those who only have to lose weight to be able to TTC. But then again, issues are different for every people, and what was not so hard for me could have been terribly hard for someone else.

How did I do it? I learned to stop using food to: relax, give comfort, as an antidote to boredom etc (not easy, its a life time change) I had a lot smaller meals more times a day. I was determined, at that determination was so strong it just didn't feel an effort (I just didn't want the old me, and it was just depressing to keep going back to square one). I compromised and have never stopped eating anything I like, even if it was less often (only did I do this at first because of the regulations of the blood diet, but that was a mistake). I went back to enjoying clothes and took a lot more time to dress. I had great support and my DH and mother were always telling me how much better I looked.

So just those last 5 kilos to go, get that final fat of my tummy and there you go, a body ready for pregnancy (just need to get the mind to go with it now)

Long post, sorry. :hugs:

I would love to join. I've lost 8 lbs thus far and have 15lbs to go.

Hey girls! I can't believe I didn't see this before, way cool!

cdejdemommy wants to loose 31lb
1 lb lost

My BMI is currently 25.1 and I would like for it to be 20.0.
My current weight is 150 pounds from a starting weight of 151. I've lost 1 pound. Target weight is 120 pounds.
My target date is of course May 1, 2010 (TTC start date)​

Thanks for adding me!

Ooo, can I jump in??

TheNewWife wants to lose 40 lbs with Weight Watchers
11.2 lbs lost so far!

I want to join!

I have about 70 lbs to lose, which is still a healthy weight and what I was before I got pregnant with Aiden.

I haven't started a diet or any programs, but today I am going to start cutting out junk food, most convenience food, and soda. Hopefully that combined with breastfeeding will help me out. Also going to try to exercise more using the Wii Fit and going for walks (if the weather permits.)

I will be (trying) to weigh in and update every Sunday.

Good luck to all you ladies!

Updated to here. Sorry girls iv been a bit lazy updating this, iv been a bit naughty these pst few weeks but am going to get my arse in gear and be good from now on. I just keep thinking, iv got 7m untill my holiday i can have this pizza. BAD LOZZY!!

I would like to lose 60 lbs putting me at a healthy weight and less risk for health problems that runs in fam for being over weight.

please add me this may be the motivation i need i'm hoping to lose the weight before june of next year just not sure how to start. or even if i want to try i'm just tired of looking myself in the mirror but cant seem to do anything about it.

hi i would love to join this weight loss thread:happydance:

don't know how much i weigh?? i will post it tomorrow on my official start day!! i'm looking forward to losing some weight woohooo,i will be following the weight watchers points plan....i have the books and stuff so will follow that,i also have various workout dvds which i will start using 3-4 times a week!!

good luck to you all and i will be posting my start weight/target weight tomorrow...thanks:happydance:

hi all, better bump this thread:winkwink:

right as of today i am following ww's,i weighed in this morning...as of today i weigh 11st 5.4.i plan to workout atleast 3x a week for no less than an hour at a time......i think i'll go get workout #1 in when i've put the washing out!

i would love to lose between 1 and 2 stone before we start ttc in late december!!!!!i'm gonna work my socks off and give it my all.i will not allow myself to weigh this much when we start trying...esp as i weighed this when i was full term 10yrs ago:wacko: my ideal weight to start trying would be about 9 1/2 stone and i'm gonna give it my best shot.....

so who's with me...come on ladies lets stick together and get this weight off so we can start trying for our bubs:happydance:

good luck xx

I didn't gain or lose this week, which I am very happy with. We had 2 Thanksgiving dinners and 4 slices of birthday cake (carrot with cream cheese icing!) so I am shocked that I didn't gain... that and 2 trips to McDonalds. :dohh:

Gotta get back on the wagon!

I'm hoping to weigh-in today. :wacko: Not sure how it's going to go. Hopefully then I can play the Wii Fit for a little while. I haven't been on that thing in forever.

good luck ladies:happydance::happydance:i'll be having my 1st weigh in on wednesday..........i've stuck to my points,although i haven't worked out due to af.......i always suffer:nope:nevermind i'll be working out in no time,i can't wait to see the inches and lbs start to melt away:kiss:

I've finally lost another pound. It seems like it's been forever since I've seen the scale move.

Can I join in? I have 72lb to lose :( I'm doing ww but I'm not going to the meetings, just using the books I got last time I joined! I only started yesterday, I'm hoping for at least 2lb this week x

well done on the lb loss parkgirl:thumbup:your perserverance is paying off well done!

hi jackie i too am following ww at home with my own books....i started last wednesday and i have been doing really well,although had a blip last night...it was silly really but there you go.back to it today andhopefully fingers crossed i'll see a loss tomorrow:shrug:

hope everybody is doing good with their eating and exercise:wacko:hard work i know,but it'll be worth it:happydance:

well done on the lb loss parkgirl:thumbup:your perserverance is paying off well done!

hi jackie i too am following ww at home with my own books....i started last wednesday and i have been doing really well,although had a blip last night...it was silly really but there you go.back to it today andhopefully fingers crossed i'll see a loss tomorrow:shrug:

hope everybody is doing good with their eating and exercise:wacko:hard work i know,but it'll be worth it:happydance:

Have you got an exact number of lb you want to loose so i can add you to the list?

Updated to here. Iv been realy bad these past few weeks, works just been pritty hectic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->