WTT with a few questions

alette

Mommy to 1 little girl!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site. My husband and I are hoping to TTC in 3 months when I finish my last pack of seasonique! So, I am trying to learn as much as I can now about what to expect, and things that I can do to insure a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Some things about me, I'm 22, we've been married for 2 years. I've been taking the pill since I was 17 due to horrible, terrible cramps and incredibly heavy periods. I started on Ortho tri cyclen lo but had some pretty bad break through bleeding in the middle of the month, so I switched to Seasonique when I was 19. I had a two yeast infections the first two months on Seasonique, but none after that. My periods have become very easy to deal with.. a little cramping and very light bleeding, I can usually get away with just using the 'light' sized tampons.

I work at the local Humane Society, doing just about everything. I do office work, I clean the cat boxes and dog kennels, I vaccinate animals, I bathe and groom animals.. pretty much everything. I absolutely love my job. I went to school for Graphic Design, but have since realized I should have gone to be a vet tech or dog groomer. I have two dogs of my own, a Lhasa Apso and Lhasa/Bichon mix, both girls I groom at home myself. It is a lot of fun. We also have a guinea pig, Fern, a Parakeet, Trixie, and a painted turtle, Zip.

I love to garden, I have a little raised garden in our yard right now with tomatoes, rhubarb, pumpkins, squash, cucumbers, chives, basil, oregano, and parsley in it. I also have a few flower beds and potted plants. I do all organic gardening, no chemical pesticides or fertilizers. I also have a compost bin where I compost all our yard waste and kitchen scraps.

Ok, so anyway my questions!

- How long does it usually take to be able to conceive again once your off the pill?

- When should I make my first doctors appointment? I'm assuming BEFORE we start TTC, but I'm not sure.. what will they do/tell me at that appointment?

- Should I start taking prenatal vitamins before we start TTC or just regular ones and prenatals AFTER the actual pregnancy?

- Should I try to put on any weight before getting pregnant, or will that just come along with the baby? I am 5'7 and 122 pounds. I've been the exact same height and weight since I was 16, but I've heard that if you are too thin, you won't ovulate?

- I know that you are not supposed to handle animal feces (particularly cat feces) when your pregnant. I don't know though, do I need to "STAY THE H*LL AWAY FROM IT!" or would I be safe to still clean it up wearing gloves and washing my hands afterwords? I wash my hands like crazy as is, but I don't want to do -anything- to jeopardize my baby. Will I need to be concerned about the dust that comes up from the cat litter? My husband has agreed to take up all cleaning of our own animals while I'm pregnant.

- My compost bin in the back yard gets mold in it from time to time, do I need to be concerned about the mold effecting the baby?

I'm sorry if any of my questions are totally stupid, I just want to make sure I do this right! Thanks!!

I can only answer a few, you should taking the pre-vits at least 3 months before you start, cat litter you should not touch it while TTC or during pregnancy (I get my DH to do it now ha ha), and you can go to your doctor before hand.

Hey I am pretty new to this whole thing too but I had many of these same questions when I started.

- How long does it usually take to be able to conceive again once your off the pill?The average is 3 months but it totally depends on you. I have been off seasonique for 2 months and I had a light period the first month. I am not sure if that meant I ovulated or not.

- When should I make my first doctors appointment? I'm assuming BEFORE we start TTC, but I'm not sure.. what will they do/tell me at that appointment? You can do this appt at anytime. They took some blood to see if I was immune to rubella. Also they will do an exam to make sure everything is ok.

- Should I start taking prenatal vitamins before we start TTC or just regular ones and prenatals AFTER the actual pregnancy? Start now.

- Should I try to put on any weight before getting pregnant, or will that just come along with the baby? I am 5'7 and 122 pounds. I've been the exact same height and weight since I was 16, but I've heard that if you are too thin, you won't ovulate? Usually women who are underweight wont ovulate but it is because they are unhealthily under weight. As long as you aren't dieting, working out crazily (like a gymnast) or otherwise unhealthy you should be ok.

Hope this helps you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->