WW v SW

AngelUK

Mummy of twin boys
Reaction score
Ladies please could you advise me on which to choose, Weight Watchers or Slimming World?
I want something that is easy to follow, that my OH and boys could eat too (so not just lettuce leaves :sick:)
Has anyone on here tried both? Which one would you recommend? I really need to do something as I feel like a hippo! Thank you in advance for any experiences and tips. :) xx

I haven't tried either, however, most people I used to work with did Weight watchers with great results. However, I will say, 99% of them did end up putting the weight BACK on within a year, so Im not sure how effective it is long term.

If it were me, I'd go for weight watchers I think as there are more foods easily available with points values on so I would find it easier to keep track of what Im eating.

I've never done either, but WW is really the only one available in the US right now (I think there is SW in Texas...) anyway, it is fairly widely respected over here as a legit way to lose weight in a healthy way. But it costs a lot every month.

Hello,
I've done both and they work but SW is by far the best imo. WW is very restrictive in terms of portion sizes and I have a big appetite so SW has unlimited amounts of potatoes, pasta, rice, eggs - all of the things I can use to bulk up a meal. Nothing is forbidden and you feel more in control and less on a diet on SW. I had meal in restaurant last week with main and big chocolately dessert and still lost weight by making better choices the rest of the time. I lost 3 stone before and started back two weeks ago after having DD (less than 2 stone on this pregnancy) and it feels great to be eating lots and lots of healthy foods again.

Here was todays menu (I'm veggie btw)
Breakfast: 2 x weetabix, a banana and strawberries

Lunch: Mozzerella cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwich; 1 x tomato and herb
mugshot (pasta cup-a-soup type thing), 1 x apple and a tin of diet coke.

Dinner: Veggie fried rice with SW chips (basically homemade oven chips, yummy!); muller light yoghurt.

Treats: 1 x cadbury freddo

I should add you can make great family meals on SW like chilli, cottage pie, homemade burgers and chips. Recipes that use high calorie ingredients (like lasagne) can be adapted using fat free natural yoghurt, cottage cheese, or creme frais, or I use things like full-fat cheese, milk etc on the half for my DH and DS while using the lower fat versions on my portions!

I also stay to group each week and I've made some really good friends there too. In fact it is something I look forward to each week, even if I dread the weigh-in at times! I honestly can;t speak highly enough about it and would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you all so much for replies. Mrs HM what you say is very convincing and I think I will go for SW! Thanks so much for that detailed info! I like your menu lol.

I'm a weight watcher and I've lost 70 lbs so far.

You are not restricted what so ever with foods at weight watchers unless you follow the points system. I follow the filling and healthy option and you can eat as much of these foods as you want. Obviously you need to be sensible and stop eating when you're satisfied but it's a myth that you only have tiny portions and food restrictions on WW. I love the fact that I don't have to weigh or measure anything. I can just follow my hunger levels :) My family love every single one of my weight watchers recipes. They just enjoy bigger portions and I adapt "normal" recipes.

On the days when I don't want to stick to the list of free foods I use up my weekly 49 propoints so things like wine, chocolate, take aways etc. On weeks when I'm not being disciplined enough I revert to pointing which helps me keep track of what I'm putting in my mouth. You literally get the best of both worlds with WW.

You can also earn Activity points and eat these back of not. What ever you choose to do. If I do particularly heavy exercise I always eat back at least half of my points earned. I get better losses this way.

You don't need to pay either cos you can get all the info you need on the internet and you can join the ww online community for free :)

Ww works for me. I use propoints as i like how its flexible yet stops you overeating. In january i was 12st 2 and now im 9st 13 and been maintaining for a couple months now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->