Wy am i not loosing as much as everyone else :(

M

mummyclo

So i was 11stone when i decided i needed to diet. Started 2 weeks ago monday and have only lost 3lb! I am eating so well nothing bad AT ALL! SO why aren't i loosing very much :(
Any suggestions would be great! TIA x

What your losing is right on target, losing for example 3lb a week isnt good for you anyways, its been proven on here, quick weightloss puts you right back to sqaure one, slow and steady always win :)

Your losses will soon add up.

Im doing everything right not lost any new lbs in 12+ wks.

It depends on your weight really - people who weigh more will lose weight faster (at first) So if you weigh less than most people then you will lose weight more slowly as you have less to lose! How heavy are you at the moment?

And yes, average weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week, that is what is safe and recommended. Most people who are losing weight faster is because they are on extreme diets - like liquid diets x

What kind of foods are you eating hun?
If it's higher in carbs, it will cause your weight to come off slower. Carbs include things like sugars in fruits etc.

3 pounds in 2 weeks is not bad at all. If you could stay at that pace you would lose about 80 pounds in a year! Just make sure you keep up the healthy dieting and try to exercise for at least 30 mins a day, and you will definitely continue to lose 3 pounds every 2 weeks, and probably even more! Good luck to you!

As others have said, that's the perfect "keep it off" weight loss rate. You are exactly on target! Well done! :thumbup:
If you are thinking more should be happening, you might need to have some data to work with so that you know exactly what's going on.
You need to burn 500 calories more than you take in every day in order to lose 1 lb per week.
So, keep a food and exercise journal and see if you are doing that.

Also, fitness is not a number on the scale. It's how you feel, how your clothes are fitting, etc. Try doing all over measurements and comparing those in a month after good diet and exercise. Those numbers often tell a lot more than the scale.

I am eating lots of fruit and veg and fish, i didn't know that made you oose weight slower! :dohh: Is that better tho, than loosing quicker?

3lb in 2 weeks is a healthy loss :shrug:

You don't want to lose it too quick anyway because your skin will go flabby (more likely to be toned if you take your time).

I am eating lots of fruit and veg and fish, i didn't know that made you oose weight slower! :dohh: Is that better tho, than loosing quicker?

I assume because fish is high in protein so encourages muscle gain? (I think).

It helps me lose it quicker though! I lose it slower when I stick to salad. I suppose everyone is different :)

Fish is excellent for weight loss though (healthy fish that is).

I assume because fish is high in protein so encourages muscle gain? (I think).

It helps me lose it quicker though! I lose it slower when I stick to salad. I suppose everyone is different :)

Fish is excellent for weight loss though (healthy fish that is).

Yes.... fish is high in protein which is needed for muscle composition but a high protein diet does not make you gain muscle.

For women to gain even a pound of muscle, they need to do high intensity heavy weights over a significant period of time.

A protein rich diet can help weight loss as it keeps you full for longer.

Fish (apart from fried) and lean meats are good for weight loss!!

good luck!!! :hugs:

and as everyone has said, 3 lb in 2 weeks is great and the right way to go about healthy weight loss

xxx

Some ladies on here aren't really doing it the 'right' way so please don't think it's normal to lose so much in one weeks time. Liquid diets and extreme cutting of calories definitely isn't healthy. Slow and steady is the way to do it if you want to keep it off. And btw 3 lbs in 2 weeks is amazing! :flower:

first of all, don't compare yourself to anyone else, as long as you stick to a steady and balanced diet and exercise plan, you will lose an amount of weight that is healthy and reasonable for your body type.

1-2 pound a week is a healthy weight loss..

Ideally, weight loss wouldn’t be ‘fast’ but controlled. Fast weight loss tends to result in a rebound effect, which is where calorie intake dramatically increases and weight goes up. Normally, when people try to lose weight too quickly calorie intake is very low. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to sustain and people gain weight very quickly afterwards. The low calorie intake can also slow down the metabolism, making further weight loss harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->