X and O - Kiss and Hug?

Blue12

icsi miracle xo
Reaction score
Okay this is not related to ttc - but just something I was curious to ask all the lovely ladies here.

To me x is a kiss, and o is a hug (due to arms going around another person in a circle.
But to dh it is the other way around. He says that an x is a hug - because the arms cross each other, and o is a kiss because it is the shape the mouth makes.

Sorry this is so lame - but it has got me curious on others' theories on this topic lol.

Blue12
xo

I know this is such a pointless thread - but I find the perspectives interesting. lol

Haha! I agree with you. X is a kiss and O is a hug!

I see it as

x = hugs
o = kisses

mainly because i see the x as crossed arms hugging and o as the shape of a mouth :shrug:

I also think people says hugs & kisses so for me when saying x's & o's it is the same order :)

funny... over here we actually only have xxx and no symbol for hugs
that only came a trend a good 5 years ago, before that, nobody would do it
and now it's just the teens, many many adults here don't even know it hehe.
we just always write "hugs and xxx" haha

X = KISS

O = HUG

When i write a txt i always put a x for kiss at the end of it x

mmmm....... i always wondered why some people keep writing "oxo" at the end of messages, thought it was a liking to gravy :haha:

Im the same as you but i love your DHs reasoning! very sweet! 9 times out of 10 my podgy fingers press the wrong button on my phone so it ends up with an x and a c :rofl:

I never thought of X as arms crossed and O as puckering but you learn something knew everyday, kind of clever! I always thought X= kiss O= hug :)

P.s.. I think this thread is great, I like a nice lighthearted thread away from some seriousness.

Im the same as you but i love your DHs reasoning! very sweet! 9 times out of 10 my podgy fingers press the wrong button on my phone so it ends up with an x and a c :rofl:

So then I guess for you Rach it is kisses and cuddles lol.

:hugs: and :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->