x

You could try pumping to see if he'll take expressed milk. My son does similar even now and is still gaining just fine. It's possible he gets too little or even too much. Your flow will regulate. Pulling on and off can be a way to stimulate more too. Did you try switching sides? Or what about a nipple shield?

Your milk coming in is a good sign! Don't give up yet. Even combo feeding is good!

I know you say you planned to bottle feed but it sounds like you'do love to be able to breastfeed having had him take to it so well at first. Do you have any support groups near you, or anyone who can tell the difference between "normal" behaviour at the breast and "problematic" behaviour. Almost everyone who breast feeds gets 'fussy' baby at some point and it doesn't mean your body doesn't work!

This is a good link https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/fussy-while-nursing/

I remember this happening with my LO, to some extent I really do think it's normal. They feed constantly in order to bring more milk in, and eventually they don't get as much as they want when they want it and get frustrated. But the more they suckle (even if they're frustrated), the more milk you'll produce and eventually it won't be an issue.

You could contact a lactation consultant if you think it's a latch issue.

Totally normal in the beginning. Your milk just came inso most likely an oversupply causing too much foremilk, rich in lactose and harder for your lo's tummy to handle. I know it's hard, but wait it out a least 1 week or 2. I went through the same and it got better. Now dd2 is a total boob monster and still breastfeeding, i love it😃 and i haven't gotten an actual period since may 2012😉 hopefully it will stay away for a very long time!!

Don't worry about it, you don't want your boobs to feel full all the time, rhey are simply regulating. As ling as your lo is gaining all is well😃 don't give up yet!!

I was really only engorged one or two days, then my breasts were soft. They only go hard if I have a blocked duct or lo has slept a longer time than normal. Otherwise they stay soft between nursing sessions and appear deflated as you say. I have also never leaked once, even when lo started sleeping 7 hrs. So it doesn't sound like anything is wrong to me. Just keep at it.

Has lo been checked for tongue tie? This could cause him to feed for longer periods because the milk comes out slower due to poor latch. However it iscompletely normal for them to feed like this at first as they are encouraging your body to produce more milk.
I've found that whenever my little girl is doing what you have described it's either a growth spurt, she has wind or she's tires and is trying to comfort suck but getting mad that milk is coming out.
I would definitely speak to your midwife and ask for some help. It's still not too late, even if you haven't fed for a couple of days you can get your supply back up again xx

I would persist if you want to succeed persiat!
Have you rang the midwives to come round and help you with latching on? They will sit with you for a few hours until you're happy

Don't be upset with yourself you haven't failed you've done well even wanting to try again xx

Hi the first few weeks are tough. I think once we got to 6 weeks things started getting easier. Have you got a breastfeeding support group near you? They are so helpful and will advise you and check your latch etc. Also you will meet other mums there and they can help as well. Xx

How are you getting on today? Hope things are better? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->