Xmas family get together dilemma

Reaction score
So, My sil is due with #2 early next month, and she wants to to go to her place for xmas this year. The problem is they live around 1.5-2 hours away and we normally go to my mothers for the night on xmas eve and home for lunch on xmas day.
I really cannot be spending my time around a newborn baby, and my other sil's baby who'd be 5 months old then.

We started trying for our baby 2 months before my first sil had her baby (ours would have been 7 months this xmas had we been successful, then we would have been due 25th Dec had we been successful)...

Anyway cannot bear the thought of being around 2 babies, one of which would be new born at xmas...

Tips on how to get out of this one?
I'm over being happy/fake about other people's kids, their other child has only just gone 3, ours will be 5 by the time we have another, and 6 by the time our ivf is completed, if all goes well.

I am going to start out by telling you that I know how you feel. I contemplated not celebrating Halloween with my 2 year old nephew because my sister revealed on the same day that I did that she was pregnant and is now due the same day I was if I hadn't miscarried.

If you think long term, you don't get very many holidays with your family while they are young. Are you really willing to sacrifice your child missing out on Christmas with your family, or missing out on your nieces/nephews first and third Christmas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->