2 princes + a princess
Reaction score
Hi girlies,

Our new home, to discuss any concerns, worries, proud mummy moments etc

sunnydazegirl and Isaiah James 30th Aug
wantingno.2 and Arabella Ann 10th Sept
ParisJeTadore and William 11th Sept
Numero_uno and Noah 28thSept

Hello thanks for setting up, tired today and findin it hard!

Hope everyone is doing great and enjoy the LO's. I am really excited that we have a place to discuss stuff permanently. :happydance:

Think my little boy is going through a growth spurt, up and down every 2 hours....so tired!

How old is he now? Dd had one at 3weeks and fed every 2 hours is was hard work, lasted a few days, hope it settles soon. Btw número, what have you named little man?

Dd seems to know when it's her last feed now and always takes 2/3oz more then usual, last night she fed at 10pm altho took about an hour and half to feed and settle but then she slept until 3.30 then back down until 7.30. Prob just a one off but I liked it. She settles a lot easier if she been awake abit during the day, otherwise she's a nightmare and sits up staring till 2am!

On another subject, has anyone sorted out contraception, what are you going for? We are just using condoms at the mo, we've always done withdrawal method but that's how we got dd so daren't do that now. Was thinking of trying natural family planning, there's always something about hormonal contraception that puts me off.

He's called Noah. Will be 3 weeks on Friday, hes gone for nearly 3 hours between feeds now so i hope he lets me sleep a bit tonight, even during today hes been waking me wanting food so not managed much sleep today. i have been close to givin up with bf but i keep telling myself it will be easier once he sleeps more and i dont need to mess with bottles, oh goes back to work tomorrow so I'm home alone with him, I'm really nervous but I'm sure we will be fine.

As for contraception I am thinking the implant, or possibly the mini pill. I was on the pill before but can't go back on it cos of bf.

Aww beautiful name, love it.

It's lovely having oh at home isn't it, I managed ok after he went back to work but was sometimes lonely, you need to get out and do things arrange to meet friends, go to baby clubs etc.

I was on the pill years ago but I got headaches a lot, can't remember what side affect I didnt like about the implant but they all had one that put me off. 'may cause weight gain' being amongst the worst!

Hope everyone is doing great and enjoy the LO's. I am really excited that we have a place to discuss stuff permanently. :happydance:
Glad we have a permenant home too, it'll be nice to share stories and pics x

Numero: I can totally relate..William has been cluster feeding today and it can be pretty draining! It does get better though and is always temporary. I always have to remind myself that nothing is permanent with a new baby. Just because you have one lousy night doesn't mean the next night is going to be the same!

So I went to see my OB and he told me that he thinks that my uterine lining isn't healing properly. He said that they would have given me a d&c in the past but prefer not to nowadays so told me I will have to wait for my period to arrive for the lining to shed and replace it with a new one.

Im having issues getting LO to bed at night. I start bed time and he doesnt seem to agree. Last night bed time took 4 hours. :-( He does sleep about 4 hours at a time when he goes down. Any suggestions on getting him to bed. I try to keep him awake during the day but that only works to a point.

As for contraception we are using condoms. I was on the pill for many years and before that the patch and depo the shot. I didnt like the last two so condoms it is for now. On a side not I feel like they are always ask/pushing contraceptives and I know its so we dont have babies to soon. But it makes me feel like a kid and they are like ok you got pregnant what are you going to do to stop that from happening again.

Im having issues getting LO to bed at night. I start bed time and he doesnt seem to agree. Last night bed time took 4 hours. :-( He does sleep about 4 hours at a time when he goes down. Any suggestions on getting him to bed. I try to keep him awake during the day but that only works to a point.

As for contraception we are using condoms. I was on the pill for many years and before that the patch and depo the shot. I didnt like the last two so condoms it is for now. On a side not I feel like they are always ask/pushing contraceptives and I know its so we dont have babies to soon. But it makes me feel like a kid and they are like ok you got pregnant what are you going to do to stop that from happening again.

I had my pp appointment today and the use of contraceptives came up...I felt like a teenager again!

I have a suggestion for getting your LO to sleep that works great for us. Once William has been fed, burped and changed at night we take out our hair drier (yes, hair drier!) and turn it on. Then I leave it on for a few minutes and no matter how awake he might have been he always falls asleep! Wouldn't hurt to try :flower:

I totally agree, they do make you feel like a teenager again, like your being naughty having sex full stop. Think we'll just stick to condoms just now, aslong as i dont have to touch them!!!! horrible slimey things!!! :rofl:

Took dd ages to go down last night too, not quite aslong as yours but about 2 hours. A normal feed and change takes about 30mins so why she likes to mess about at last feed is beyond me, on a brighter note she only woke up once again last night!

Hair dryer or any white nose works for us too, she loves it!

Numero: I can totally relate..William has been cluster feeding today and it can be pretty draining! It does get better though and is always temporary. I always have to remind myself that nothing is permanent with a new baby. Just because you have one lousy night doesn't mean the next night is going to be the same!

So I went to see my OB and he told me that he thinks that my uterine lining isn't healing properly. He said that they would have given me a d&c in the past but prefer not to nowadays so told me I will have to wait for my period to arrive for the lining to shed and replace it with a new one.

Paris a d&c certainly sounds dramatic. Hopefully your period will arrive and everything will be fine.

omg your so right, nothing is permanent with them at this age, they do what the hell they like!

Im having a stress here, it's dh's 40th birthday beginning of next month and we decided it was just too much to do a party with lo etc. so his brother messgaed me asking if there was anything planned and if not they would come up for a meal (his family live 100miles away). Now its turned into this big surprise meal with me being left to invite his friends, find a restaurant to accomodate us all and keep it all a secret. He will love it but what a flipping stress for me.

One of my friends does the hair dryer trick so we will be trying that :) I was awake most the night worrying about oh going back to work, I'm tempted to go and get him weighed today, I'm a little nervous to go on my own but I think I'll be better if I just do it. I need to start going to baby groups as none of my friends have babies so once I'm in a routine I think I'll start feeling a little isolated.

You feel better when you've been out, I know it's daunting and you have to take so much stuff but it's really not that bad. I like getting out, I actually feel worse sat in house, makes me tired and I end up just sitting on the couch all day like a slob.

All my friends have babies/kids so guess I'm lucky I have people to visit and we have our own little baby club every Wednesday. I'd definately recommend finding baby groups or doing something on a regular basis like swimming or something. With ds1 I used to get extremely lonely and I'd end up taking it out on dh if he wasn't home bang on time, because I was basically just sat waiting for him to come home everyday x

We have a sound machine for him so last night I put it on the water sound since the heartbeat one wasn't working for him anymore. It worked great!! He slept really well although it did sound like we were sleeping next to a river all night :)

Numero_uno it is overwhelming at first but once you get out of the house it feels SO much better. My first going out with the LO alone was just a walk just to get out of the house and get fresh air. But now I don't panic as much if I am out and he gets to that 3-4 hour window where he needs to be fed or starts screaming I just deal with it. In the beginning I would only go out if I new I would be back in time for him to fuss at home. Those first few weeks were hard! But it has gotten easier even the whole not getting sleep thing has gotten easier. There are still days that are rough and no two days are the same but it gets much easier.

I went out yesterday and got him weighed ;-) I found out there's a bf support group so I'm going to go to that next week hopefully too.

thats a great idea numero. Think im going to go to stay and play next week, ive never been before but i think ds2 gets abit bored now ive got dd to look after too, i cant do as much as i did before.

I should start going to a group soon too. Agree with you both that it's really important to get out-mostly to stay sane!

Might sound like a dumb question but what do women do at breastfeeding groups? Do they talk amongst each other and bf? Sounds silly to ask but I don't know! :haha:

Currently home alone with LO...he has started staying WIDE away during the day and unfortunately spends a good portion of the morning fussing. I am desperate to have a relaxed morning alone with him so I put him in his swing and have had the hair dryer running for a good half hour, lol!

I should start going to a group soon too. Agree with you both that it's really important to get out-mostly to stay sane!

Might sound like a dumb question but what do women do at breastfeeding groups? Do they talk amongst each other and bf? Sounds silly to ask but I don't know! :haha:

Currently home alone with LO...he has started staying WIDE away during the day and unfortunately spends a good portion of the morning fussing. I am desperate to have a relaxed morning alone with him so I put him in his swing and have had the hair dryer running for a good half hour, lol!

Not sure what they do, I'll let you know once been tomorrow!

Have no idea what they do, imagine discuss problems, tips etc and feed the lo's!!!

Dd still dosent like the swing! She's started to stay awake a lot more now too. Although she's slept all day so far today, she seems to have a wide awake day then a sleepy day. Wish I could sleep for a full day how nice would that be?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->