xx 15th Sept 2012 Baby Group xx

I feel like people expect me to have it together but I don't and that doesn't really bother me. My baby sleeps for about 8-10 hours straight, which is great. The problem is he won't go to bed at a set time. Try as I might he just won't do it. I can try to put him down at a certain time every night and he will just sleep for 30 minutes and wake back up. So I just let him fall asleep when he wants to. I don't have set nap times but I feel like at 3.5 months old he is just now getting to the age where I can start putting him on a schedule. So I will be working on that. As for the tummy time..he still hates it, I can get him to do it when he feels like it. He did roll over for the first time a few weeks ago. To strengthen his muscles I just sit him upright in my lap or hold him on my tummy or just carry him around.

It amazes me how big they look at such a young age. Oh the other night we had a laughing contest. hehe I was making faces at him and he was doing those belly baby laughs which made me laugh, which then made him laugh even harder and for longer it was to funny.

I try not to compare myself to any other mom's. Some people just naturally have it together. Babies are different I have learned. What one baby does easily another might not be so good at. Another mom might be able to get her baby down at 8pm every night and give them naps at a certain time everyday. But that might not come easy to another mom.

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies! I agree that it's best not to worry about it and just go with the flow. Overall, things have been going very well and as mentioned have slowly been getting into a nap routine. LO's been pretty fussy the last few days but with a moutain of drool forming regularly at his mouth I wonder if we are getting into the early days of teething!

I'm really looking forward to Christmas! Mostly to spend it with family and eat lots of yummy food :) Hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your precious babies!! It's definitely a special time of year with our LO here :cloud9:

Hello ladies, hope you all had the most fantastic Christmas with your little ones. We had a lovely time and I'm quite sad it's back to normal now, loved all being off together.

How's everyone getting on, we have 2 teeth now!!!!! I can't believe it, one came through at 13wk and the other 14wk and they've grown quite abit now. Both my boys didn't get teeth till at least 5/6 months so its very strange to see them on someone so small. Just goes to show how completely different babies can be!
Xxx

Your princess is such a cutie! Our lo has started teething but I'm still waiting for those teeth to pop out and imagine it could take awhile.

Christmas was busy but wonderful being spent with family :) The only downside is dh has gone back to work and I really miss having him around!

LO has his 4 month shots on Friday and I'm a little nervous. Anyone else feel like they give too many shots in one day?

I feel exactly the same now dh has gone back, loved having him off....new years resolution win the lottery!!!!! Ha!!! Better start playing!!

Dd had her last set of injections until 1yr on the 3rd jan. she hasn't really bothered with the other which she had 2 injections on 2 occasions but this time it was 3 injections and she was in a stinker of a mood all day afterwards. So yes I think that was too many for her! Don't blame her though, I wouldn't like it either and although its for their protection all those things going round the body at once must upset them :(

Glad to hear everyone is doing good. We are teething over here too...I am exhausted my lovely sleeping for hours straight little baby has decided to go back to the whole waking up every three hours thing...eek!

He has is surgery scheduled for the 30th and I know it is going to be okay but I am still a bit nervous about that.

Awww sunny daze I'm sure he will be fine but totally understand you'd be nervous, perfectly normal reaction I think. Is the teething waking him do you think? After having him sleep through that must be tiring you out.

I will be thinking about you and your little one sunnydaze. I'm sure the surgery will go well and your little guy will be back to normal soon. Babies are quite resilient despite seeming so small and fragile.

Wanting, I'd imagine my cutie might be more than a little fussy tomorrow but we'll see!

I posted in the main Baby Club about an incident that happened to be yesterday. It scared the life out of me and I'm really afraid of what's wrong. I was wondering if any of you ladies have experienced this with your lo's? I have a dr. appointment for lo tomorrow so I am really looking forward to going. Here's the post:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/1669023-baby-choking-milk-going-limp.html

Paris so sorry just read this. She chokes on milk quite abit but had never gone limp. Did your dr know what it was? Have idea how to stop it, hope the little fella is alright xxx

I got him in to be seen by a new doctor who, despite looking like he was 100 years old :wacko:, was very thorough and has sent him to see a neurologist. He has an appointment on the 13th for an eeg. Although I am a little nervous I am really glad they are checking him out. His dr seems to think he may be having seizures. I will keep you updated..and try my best not to worry.

Oh my that must abit stressful for you, keep us informed abit appointments. Hope he's ok xxx

I just wanted to stop by and get updates from everyone! How are you all doing? How are the LO's doing? I am getting very close to having a 7 month old...how did that happen!!

Amazing how fast they grow, isn't it?! How is your lo doing?? He looks so much bigger in his picture!

Our little guy is doing really well. Nothing came of his scary episodes and *knock on wood* they haven't reoccured since four months. We just started the very beginning of giving solids yesterday. He's not a fan of rice cereal (who can blame him when it tastes of cardboard :shrug:) but absolutely LOVED banana :) We will move on next to sweet potato.

And how are our other mama's doing?? I'm still breastfeeding and find it a million times easier than it was for the first three months (I seriously considered stopping!). Body is back into shape but hair loss has been a bit of a nightmare. I miss my shiny mane and perfect skin! :haha:

Great to hear that things are going good. The babies grow up to darn fast lol. I am glad you didn't have anymore episodes with your LO. We started solids a month or so ago and LO hated the oatmeal and wasn't super fond of the rice but I kept giving to him and he started eating it especially when I just mixed the other food with it. We have done green beans, squash ( he LOVES both), carrots, peas and applesauce. He has tried Bananas and peaches but really didn't like them, I don't know it was a brand thing or what because I noticed the one brand was a lot more lumpy looking then another. So I am gonna try him again on that. Of course he is getting ready to crawl which is scary lol. I feel pretty content with everything right now I think.

I have to admit I see little tiny babies and I am like OH I want another, but the logical part of my brain is like WHOA, WHOA slow down lady lol.

Getting ready to crawl? Wow, that's pretty awesome! Our lo is still working on tummy time (a little behind I think but I guess they all grow at different rates :) )

I agree that time is going fast! Sometimes I can't believe I have this little baby who plays on his own now and entertains us so much with tons of smiles and funny quirks. Guess it's a reminder to soak up the moment as much as you can because it really doesn't last long!

I feel the same way when I see babies! Probably more surprisingly, I was amazed to hear my husband tell me yesterday that he wants more kids:wacko: Never thought I'd see the day arrive but am thrilled nonetheless!

Hi ladies,

Haven't been on in ages!! Sorry. We are doing well lo has only just started liking solids at 8months!!!! She's been really fussy with it just had to keep offering, thik she just wasn't ready and was a late weaner she's fine now tho. Just learnt to sit alone, rolls all over but is quite away off crawling yet! All my children have been slow at this.

Can't believe how fast time is flying.

I'm with you both and finding newborns adorable and I do feel very sad at the thought of never having another but 3 is hard work at times and definately enough for me!

How's everyone sleeping? She stopped sleeping through at 6 months ( I think partly because she wasn't eating so not full enough). She only just starting to do the odd night through again, hope she gets back into it soon. She's been abit of a nightmare getting up 2/3 times some nights. She only has 1 sleep through the day too now around 1-1/2 to 2 hours after dinner, just like my youngest son she's not really a fan of daytime naps!!

Xxx

Just wanted to post and see how everyone is doing? My LO will be a year old in 9 days! I can't believe it.

HI!

I've all but neglected to come here but guess I'm not alone in that....

I've started getting this weird nostalgia for last fall. I think it's the weather (reminds me of when I had my baby) and lots of great memories. Of course I'm starting to forget all the bad stuff that came afterwards but I guess that's what makes us want more babies!

Happy soon to be 1st to your babe Sunnydaze!

Anyone else have the baby itch? I'm not quite there yet. Wantingno.2 are you still craving a new baby or has it subsided now that you have three?!

Haaaa! The broody feelings come and go! But no more here, 3s enough!

Cannot even believe how fast this year had gone, all our teeny babies about to turn 1!!!

What are you all getting your lo's? I'm only getting mine clothes, we have so many toys in this house it's silly! Plus it's ds2's bday 4 days after dd so it's an expensive month!

The advantages of having more than one child-a good stock of toys! Our poor baby has few to play with so DH and I bought him a wooden train set and a wooden rocking horse. Good classic toys that will hopefully last a long time :)

Amazing it's been almost one year. Happy to move forward though...I'm enjoying every new phase :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->