xx 15th Sept 2012 Baby Group xx

I love wooden toys, we have a big wooden toy kitchen, I try to get as many wooden things as I can.

I gotta admit I don't really like this age, I much prefer when the can communicate and arnt fustrated at the fact they can't walk talk.

Do we have any walkers yet? Arabella does a very strange crawl where she drags one leg underneath her, she's fast tho! She pulls herself to standing on everything and moves around furniture but I think she's a long way off walking. X

Will is not crawling but scoots on his bum :) He has done absolutely no pulling up on furniture, no walking...until last Sunday as dh and I were getting ready in our room (LO was playing with a box on the floor) when out of nowhere he pulled himself up using the box then proceeded to walk while pushing the box all the way down our hallway! Was not expecting that. Of course he hasn't done it since but it was neat to see.

I told my husband today that I don't miss the newborn/baby phase at all. LO was very high maintenance for the first four months of his life and cried an awful lot. I'd imagine once he can actually talk to us it might relieve some frustrations.

Awww they like to surprise you like that don't they!! Think ds2 started walking about 13months but ds1 didn't until 16months I think Arabella will be closer to that.

Wantingno.2, did your kids crawl at all or go straight to walking? I'm always surprised when I get these mouth gaping reactions when I tell people he isn't walking or crawling yet (drives me a little nutty if we want to be totally honest!).

My first didnt crawl until after he was 1 and didn't walk until 16months. Ds2 was alittle quicker.

Arabella still does the strange leg dragging thing, I'm not sure you could officially call it a crawl!!!

Don't worry and definately don't listen to others. Every baby is sooo different. He'll get there in his own time.

How is it even possible?! How is everyone doing? Any new arrivals or plans for more babies?

I was just thinking about this group and wondering how everyone was doing!

Does it amaze you that our babies are barely babies any more?? I'm really liking this stage and love that my little boy is able to do more for himself but interact with me more :) Two years, wow, where does time go?!

I am pregnant with number #2 and must admit...I miss being able to countdown with this group and look out for each other's labour signs. It was comforting in the last week of pregnancy and made me feel like I wasn't the only one about to go through a marathon!

Please update! I'd love to hear how everyone is doing with their little ones :flower:

Hmm,
Nice way to share our moment, which we done with our babies.
:thumbup:

Awwww congrats on the new baby Paris, details please!! ?? Xxxx

Sunnydaze. Can't believe how time flies, haven't logged on here for a year!!

How's everyone's toddler? Mine is extremely chatty, talked much sooner than both boys did. Not started with the potty yet, she's not interested

What a nice surprise! Hi Wanting :wave:

I had another boy in late October :cloud9: Originally dh and I had intended to wait longer before trying but well, things happened and in the long run we really like the two year ago gap. He is almost three months old and a dream baby. I guess it's true what they say about the second being easier, hehe. He rarely cries, sleeps great, and is smiling all the time. My labour was also much quicker (36 hours for my last, 13 for this one) and way less painful. Overall, the whole experience has been wonderful. The only thing I am struggling with is recovery. Lochia has been taking forever to completely subside. I am 13 weeks pp and still have the odd day of spotting. Would be more than happy to show it the door, lol!

My eldest son has been slow to talk and often difficult to understand but is overall a delight the rest of time (with a little drama thrown in for good measure!). He also shows no interest in potty training although I do hope it will be soon as changing multiple diapers every day is a bit much :wacko:

Glad you checked in!

Awwwww yes I like the 2 yr age gap, my first 2 were 4years apart much much easier to have a smaller age gap.

I think she's quicker to talk because of her brothers, my first had his own little language only I could understand him, I i used to spend a day translating!!!

I really can't remember recovery with any of them! Seems so long ago, sounds like abit of a pain, sure you'll be really glad when it's stopped.

How is your eldest taking to his little brother? Xxx

What a nice surprise! Hi Wanting :wave:

I had another boy in late October :cloud9: Originally dh and I had intended to wait longer before trying but well, things happened and in the long run we really like the two year ago gap. He is almost three months old and a dream baby. I guess it's true what they say about the second being easier, hehe. He rarely cries, sleeps great, and is smiling all the time. My labour was also much quicker (36 hours for my last, 13 for this one) and way less painful. Overall, the whole experience has been wonderful. The only thing I am struggling with is recovery. Lochia has been taking forever to completely subside. I am 13 weeks pp and still have the odd day of spotting. Would be more than happy to show it the door, lol!

My eldest son has been slow to talk and often difficult to understand but is overall a delight the rest of time (with a little drama thrown in for good measure!). He also shows no interest in potty training although I do hope it will be soon as changing multiple diapers every day is a bit much :wacko:

Glad you checked in!

Yes, she must hear lots of chatter in your home. Guess that's the great part about having siblings...you have someone to learn from!

So lochia took close to 14 weeks pp to stop o_O my body really loves to throw me for a spin. Happy though that it is done.

At first my eldest was a bit jealous but he's really come around. He likes sharing his toys (most of the time!) and giving his baby brother kisses so its a start. The hardest part has been building my bond back with ds1. I took so long to recover that dh really took over with ds and formed a strong bond with him. As much as it was something I wanted I miss my ds wanting me for things. It's all about daddy these days! Coming from someone who has three do you find this is a common thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->