Yay!!! Got my pos OPK! Have a question...

Sunshine7125

Reaction score
Ok I got my pos OPK this morning like 2 hours after me and hubby :sex: was that good timing or what? It was still neg yesterday. My question is should we bd again tomorrow? We have been doing every other day because Dr said it helped with sperm count. I feel like if we skip tomorrow since I got my positive we will hurt our chances??? Any advice...

From what I know, you should BD as much as possible in the 48 hours after getting your positive. I think u ovulate the day after detecting your surge so need to do it today, tomorrow and the day after to make sure u catch that egg! I got my positive on Sunday and BD'd 8 times between then and Tuesday lol!

Although I can't be much help on this, I would love to know the answer to this too. I also heard that every other day is best, but I always worry that timing will be off if we BD every other day starting with first day in the fertile window.

You could, but then you would have to skip another day before you could do it again. Because doing it in a row like that lowers his sperm count a bunch. So, really its up to you. He will be down on his sperm count tomorrow if you did do it today, but I don't think it would hurt much.

Yeah it's so confusing to know when to time it after the pos opk. I wonder if I called the dr if they would laugh at me.:shrug:

Yeah it's so confusing to know when to time it after the pos opk. I wonder if I called the dr if they would laugh at me.:shrug:

I doubt it, they need to hold professionalism. So I say do it, there really is not anything to hurt by doing it.

Yep, do it and then report back and tell me what they said :haha:

I put in a call to the dr. They said a nurse would be calling me back. My hubby has to work sat morning and leave at 4am so I think we will pretty much have to do it tomorrow night unless I get up at 4am with him. He won't be home until 7:30 sat evening because he works 12 hr shifts and drives an hour one way.... I don't want that much time to pass with no bd.

Any news from the nurse today? Would be really interested to hear what their medical opinion is.

I got a call back about an hour ago and the nurse suggested every other day because we have never had his sperm checked. She said every other day promotes healthier sperm count and if it's low this is ideal.... I just started getting my EWCM like an hour ago... I wonder how much time we have from this point?????

You should be fine if you BD tonight, as last time you BD'd was yesterday morning so that's more than 24 hours. Like you, I would worry that leaving it until tomorrow night might be too late?? I would say BD as late as you can tonight and then again tomorrow night. I am no expert though!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think we should wait until tomorrow either. I'm with you once tonight and once tomorrow and then into the lovely 2 week wait.... ugghh!!

I've just added a new post to try and gather some thoughts from others on this subject as it's quite interesting! Have fun BD'ing tonight and GOOD LUCK for TWW!!! Excited for you! Still ages away for me grrr!

:dust:

I almost started another post on it too lol. The bad news is the EWCM is about gone not sure why =( hubby will be home shortly!

Remember that it takes time for the sperm to get to the egg, so I think BD'ing prior to O is better than BD'ing day of O. So, even if you don't BD today, your timing is likely good that you did yesterday. My Dr. also said she recommends every other day, but plenty of women BD multiple days in a row with no problems.

Thanks girls! We bd on Tues morning and yesterday morning and I got my pos opk a few hours afterwards at work. Hope we timed it right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->