yay! I've just booked my birthing pool!

Annabel

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Im very excited, Ive just booked my birthing pool for a home birth! Im very excited now!! Just hope baby arrives on time!! ha! :)

Excellent. When does it arrive and what kind is it? We also have a birth pool loan in our area so I'm looking forward to doing the same thing in a few months time.

It's arriving in the 7 so two weeks before due date! I got it from 'born in water' I only booked it yesterday and was worried I left it too late to get one as another company out me on a waiting list!!

Where abouts did you get your from? There is so much choice out there isn't it!! X

Exciting stuff!

I started looking at bithing pool hire local to me and found there's not a huge difference between renting and buying (the same model of inflatable one too).
Most of them are 5 week rentals near me so the entire period you would be allowed to birth at home (37-42 wks)

I *think* I'm going to buy as i'm too worried about damaging (aka my doggy popping!) a rental one.

What sort of kit comes with yours? There seems to be so many extras and i'm still unclear on what i really need v's nice to haves :)

Exciting stuff!

I started looking at bithing pool hire local to me and found there's not a huge difference between renting and buying (the same model of inflatable one too).
Most of them are 5 week rentals near me so the entire period you would be allowed to birth at home (37-42 wks)

I *think* I'm going to buy as i'm too worried about damaging (aka my doggy popping!) a rental one.

What sort of kit comes with yours? There seems to be so many extras and i'm still unclear on what i really need v's nice to haves :)

Hey! I read a blog thing from a woman who was having her 5th home birth and had various types of pools. https://www.homebirth.org.uk/waterchooseah.htm Obviously I hadn't had a water birth before and found the site quite helpful in choosing what I think would be the best pool for us. I did try to get a gentlewater pool, but was put on a waiting list, which wasn't really an option I was happy with, so ended up going with a company in Bath called, Born in Water. Who turned out to be really helpful and friendly! So its a rigid pool that maintains the temperature of the water and has filtration on it. The reason I went for this is my first labour was very fast, I went from first pain to pushing in 4 hours. My midwife said that due to the speediness of my first labour, if I went for a blow up, I may not get it up and filled to the correct temperature in time. As she said the temp needs to be 37C. If I knew that my labour would be slower I would have probably opted for a birthpool in a box type style, but Im keen on a water birth, so have opted for this one that is set up for two weeks before the due date, so you can use it before had - suppose its a little bit like a jazzuczi without the bubbles! ha!

So I went for the bronze package https://www.borninwater.co.uk/home for the heated pool, if you click on the link you can see whats included in it..I didn't opt for the tens machine and homeopathic package as I dont think I'll have time to use any of it! :flower:

Thanks, I had a good look at the homebirth uk site already.

I'm a first timer so not expecting to be fast, I should be so lucky!

I'm leaning towards an inflatable, because I can put it up beforehand and just fill it when the time comes. Only thing is I'm worried DH will spend a lot of time maintaining the temperature when he should be supporting me.

I still have plenty of time to figure it out though.

Good Luck with yours - the bonus of a rigid temp control is you can use it beforehand for a little luxury :)

Exciting stuff!

Hey! I read a blog thing from a woman who was having her 5th home birth and had various types of pools. https://www.homebirth.org.uk/waterchooseah.htm Obviously I hadn't had a water birth before and found the site quite helpful in choosing what I think would be the best pool for us. I did try to get a gentlewater pool, but was put on a waiting list, which wasn't really an option I was happy with, so ended up going with a company in Bath called, Born in Water. Who turned out to be really helpful and friendly! So its a rigid pool that maintains the temperature of the water and has filtration on it. The reason I went for this is my first labour was very fast, I went from first pain to pushing in 4 hours. My midwife said that due to the speediness of my first labour, if I went for a blow up, I may not get it up and filled to the correct temperature in time. As she said the temp needs to be 37C. If I knew that my labour would be slower I would have probably opted for a birthpool in a box type style, but Im keen on a water birth, so have opted for this one that is set up for two weeks before the due date, so you can use it before had - suppose its a little bit like a jazzuczi without the bubbles! ha!

So I went for the bronze package https://www.borninwater.co.uk/home for the heated pool, if you click on the link you can see whats included in it..I didn't opt for the tens machine and homeopathic package as I dont think I'll have time to use any of it! :flower:

This is great. I'll have to have a look. We have a local home birth group here and they do pool loans for free (you just have to buy your own liner), which is great, though I'm not sure it means you get much choice in what turns up on the day. But it would be great to know what might be best for me, just in case I have the option to choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->