Yay!

Jenny

Mami of 2
Reaction score
I had my 17 week appointment today and we FINALLY got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. It was at 153bpm. The last two times we couldn't hear it :( and the last time I had spotting along with no heartbeat, so of course being a paranoid mom I thought the baby had passed away. So we had an emergency U/S and the baby was fine and healthy. I was dreading going in there today and hearing no heartbeat again. Even though I've felt the baby move, I would chalk it up for gas or something. Its so reassuring to hear that little heart going. I finally feel like I can start to relax and enjoy my pregnancy :happydance::cloud9:

So glad everything is fine with baby - i know what you mean about being parionoid - i dont know how i am going to wait a whole 6 weeks to see baby and hear its heartbeat ............. i suppose ill start to feel it soon so that wont be too bad

Thanks Firsttimer :hugs:

You don't get to hear the heartbeat for another 6 weeks? does your doctor not check for it at your appointments? I'd demand it lol, or rent a doppler if I had to wait that long. It seems a little unfair. Hopefully the baby starts kicking hard so you can feel it and not worry. But I know what you must be going through, I'm sure soon you'll get a little reassurance from your little bub that everything is good :hugs:

I know Jenny 6 weeks is soooooooooooo long hopefully i do get to feel bub moving so I can be reasured............... otherwise i will have to rent the doppler. how much are they to rent ? How was your first birth I am terrified of labour lol I am such a wimp when it comes to pain............... I feel so bloated today must belly must be growing

I'm not exactly how much they are to rent, I'd just run a search for dopplers in the UK. As for labor, I had one of those horror stories happen to me. I ended up going into preterm labor at 33 weeks and 6 days, after 22 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing they used the vaccum and the forceps to get my son out. I had the epi and it was still the most painful thing I've gone through but after I saw him, it was all totally worth it. I have my fingers crossed that this one goes smoothly lol. I might have a scheduled C-section my doctor said, because of the trouble I had with Drake. So we'll see.

I was the worst person to ask about labor lol, so don't worry firsttimer. I was just an unlucky one the first time around. Most labors go smoothly and yes painful but not what I went through. I'm sure you'll do fine hon :)

Glad everything is ok esspecially after your scare and the fear of it happening again :hugs:

I had to show my MW where the HB was at 14 weeks I think it was lol

I had my 17 week appointment today and we FINALLY got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. It was at 153bpm. The last two times we couldn't hear it :( and the last time I had spotting along with no heartbeat, so of course being a paranoid mom I thought the baby had passed away. So we had an emergency U/S and the baby was fine and healthy. I was dreading going in there today and hearing no heartbeat again. Even though I've felt the baby move, I would chalk it up for gas or something. Its so reassuring to hear that little heart going. I finally feel like I can start to relax and enjoy my pregnancy :happydance::cloud9:

i know what you mean all throughout this pregnancy every time i go to the restoom i'm scared i could of lost him but now i'm like well he's too big to just not know that he came out or something----ya i'm paranoid---- but now that i feel him every so often i'm like ya he's still in there ''' he's doing well---lol

and about hearing the heartbeat thing---congrats---- and if you havent yet---you can always ask them to do it---- tell them you dont mind if they cant find it--but that they can at least try---- i had them do mine real early at like 9 or 10 weeks they found it alright--- of course it wasnt as strong and easily picked up as it was just a few weeks later ---but by 15-16 weeks it was def. there ---

Glad everything is goign well for you Jenny! Stay positive! I know what you mean about worryign a lot though. I do the same, especially when my lil bud hasn't moved in a while.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that worries over much sometimes.:hugs:

jenny----there isnt a day u wont worry about this lil one ---until he/she is safely in ur arms and even then u will be but at least not nearly as much as when he/she is inside u

Great news Jenny, I bet it was amazing!
Can't wait until I can hear my baby's heartbeat but that probably won't be until my 24 week appointment with midwife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->