Yellow/Tan CM at 10 1/2 weeks

mommy2be1986

Reaction score
Hi all,
So I am totally freaking out (what I do best) because this morning I had a really deep cramp that lasted for about 5 minutes. I thought I actually had to go to the bathroom so I went into the bathroom and sat down and had a good amount of yellowish/tan CM. I immediately freaked out because I haven't had any colored CM and called the nurse. She consulted with the doctor and stated this wasn't any cause for concern and to drink extra fluid for the cramping and that CM will change colors and come in higher amounts later on. She also stated that I had a great 10 week scan that showed everything was on target and a heartbeat on 179 2 1/2 days ago. I tried to relax but my anxiety is awful. I had some more yellowish CM a little bit ago but no cramping. Anyone else have this?

I get it and for me it is old blood from a hematoma leaking out. When it is very little it will just be tan or yellow. For me it recently started out like that, then turned rust, dark brown and back to tan then yellow. Now it is white again. It always comes with pretty bad cramps for me since the blood leaking out of a hematoma irritates the uterus. Sometimes I have cramps and no blood too.
Maybe another scan to see if there is a hematoma somewhere would be an idea?
It really does not sound too concerning. Could also just be from a broken blood vessel or small lesion that healed and the body is now washing out the blood.

I had yellowish cm since the very beginning of this pregnancy. If you are really concerned though.. I'd go to the er to see if they would give you another scan or call again and see if you can be seen soon.

I thought the only worry was if there was blood? Why is yellow cm a cause for concern? Please excuse my ignorance but I really wouldn't worry otherwise. Pregnancy causes all kinds of fluids to come out of there I would only be concerned if there was blood xx

Yeah I wouldn't worry about yellow cm at all. There is all kinds of reasons for yellow cm, and similar for tan. Supplements can effect the colour too.

If you get dark brown discharge that lasts for several days then it's worth being looked into, and of course if there's blood definitely get looked at.

This could be as simple as the cervix being irritated which happens fairly easily in pregnancy. Yellow cm is also completely normal. Your body produces a loooot of cm in pregnancy to build and maintain the mucus plug among other things. Just wait until third tri when that starts falling out ;) Then you'll really have questions. :rofl:

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy! <3

If you search around on here a bit you'll find that getting a bit of color between weeks 10-12 is very common. Rumor has it when the placenta takes over there can be little spotting. On the upside it means an end to nausea for most!

I ALWAYS get yellow cm while pregnant, in fact if I don't get it, I am worried...lol. It's always one of my first signs and I've had LOADS this pregnancy. Sometimes it looks a little tan, but most of the time, it's straight up yellow.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. I've had lots of yellow cm throughout this pregnancy. I've heard that it could be the supplements.

This thread made me feel better I've been getting loads of light yellow CM

Thanks so much ladies for your answers. I feel so much better. I actually haven't had as much yellow cm after this but just lots of it which is normal. My nausea and tiredness has definitely started to diminish so I think the placenta has taken over. I am just about 11 weeks:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->