Yes another PCOS thread :D

dont give up! i have PCOS and yesterday got my BFP.:) it will happen, what really helped me get regular periods was reduce stress if I was happy my body was happy, i also did acupunture and chinese herbs and after not having a period for 6 months within 2 weeks of going to them i had my first one and regularly since then :D

GL ladies
xx

Hiya Mosnippy,
Congratulations!!!!! on your BFP. I am really happy for you and I hope you have a good pregnancy, keep us updated!:crib:

I really need some help...

My PCOS is getting worse I had a period in Jan 10 and another June 10 (for two days) and Sep 10.

Im still waiting for another but it literaly feels like I am going to burst!

FS cant do anything at this stage as were are still going through testing, so Ive just got to wait it out :dohh:

Any secrets you ladies can share to bring on my AF? x

Agnus cactus as mentioned before is my saviour :kiss:

Gone from one AF every 3 months if lucky to 3, yes 3, in the last 3 months!!!

Cant recommend it too much!
x

Congrats on the weight loss Baby123! Just as an FYI, metformin isn't just for ttc, it's actually used for diabetics to regulate the insulin resistance. Since a common problem for ladies with pcos is insulin resistance, metformin often helps regulate cycles as the insulin resistance becomes regulated. From what I've read, it doesn't work for everyone, but a lot of people have had good success on it.

Thank you dodgercpkl for the advice. i had a scan on monday and it has confirmed that I do have pcos. I will be going to the docs next monday to find out where I go from there. I will ask i he could put me on metformin but I doubt if he will because only been ttc for 3 months. I will keep you posted.

Thank you dodgercpkl for the advice. i had a scan on monday and it has confirmed that I do have pcos. I will be going to the docs next monday to find out where I go from there. I will ask i he could put me on metformin but I doubt if he will because only been ttc for 3 months. I will keep you posted.

I'd ask him in the context of getting healthy and not ttc. While pcos can and does definitely affect most people that are ttc, the most important issue is your overall health and especially your longterm health. Insulin resistance is a precursor to pre-diabetes and then eventually diabetes and metformin helps to regulate that. Dunno if that helps or not, but that's probably what I'd go in asking about.

I'd ask him in the context of getting healthy and not ttc. While pcos can and does definitely affect most people that are ttc, the most important issue is your overall health and especially your longterm health. Insulin resistance is a precursor to pre-diabetes and then eventually diabetes and metformin helps to regulate that. Dunno if that helps or not, but that's probably what I'd go in asking about.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou again Dodgercpkl, any advice really helps. I will go to docs on Monday and request Metformin and see what he advises, Firstly, I need to talk about my results with him. I haven't seen him since he requested me to have blood tests and an ultrasound scan. The nurse told me that my LH levels were high, they were 37, my fsh was in the normal range , it was 8.9.I asked what my androgen levels were, she said they were in the normal range but I would like to clarify this with my doc. The sonographer told me that i have polycystic ovaries, so I need to go and have a chat with doc and see where i go from there.

Congrats on tour weight loss Dodgercpkl, i've noticed that you have had a very massive weight loss, Keep it going

Thankyou again Dodgercpkl, any advice really helps. I will go to docs on Monday and request Metformin and see what he advises, Firstly, I need to talk about my results with him. I haven't seen him since he requested me to have blood tests and an ultrasound scan. The nurse told me that my LH levels were high, they were 37, my fsh was in the normal range , it was 8.9.I asked what my androgen levels were, she said they were in the normal range but I would like to clarify this with my doc. The sonographer told me that i have polycystic ovaries, so I need to go and have a chat with doc and see where i go from there.

Congrats on tour weight loss Dodgercpkl, i've noticed that you have had a very massive weight loss, Keep it going

Sorry was trying to quote a message, have ended up submitting the above message twice

Sounds like a good plan! I'm glad if I was able to help in any way. I hope you get some good answers!!!

Thank you so much for your comment on my weight loss. I attribute it to the Metformin combined with the almost complete change of diet that I've been sticking to. This time of year is such a hard one to lose weight during, but I'm going to do my best to keep it going! I want to be the best mom I can be and I think part of that is making sure that I'm a happy and *healthy* mom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->